Pre Match Leicester v Slavia Prague

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get it. I think they are bang average.

To add, I think if we play at the right tempo we will beat them comfortably.

Extra time, in which away goals count double.

The away goals rule comes into place before extra time. So the only way we'll have extra time is if the game is 0-0 after 90 minutes.

And it annoys me when people say away goals "count double". They don't. If the scores are level, the team with the most away goals wins. You could say away goals count as 1.00001, or away goals count as 1,00000, the outcome is the same. There's nothing in the rules that says they count double.

So If we win 4-3 aet, they actually win 4-6? Makes sense that
OK. If scores are still level, away goals count double.

Actually, there is, idiot.

The rules:
For matches played under the knockout system, if the two teams involved in a tie score the same number of goals over the two legs, the team which scores more away goals qualifies for the next stage. If this procedure does not produce a result, i.e. if both teams score the same number of goals at home and away, two 15-minute periods of extra time are played at the end of the second leg. If both teams score the same number of goals during extra time, away goals count double (i.e. the visiting team qualifies for the next stage). If no goals are scored during extra time, kicks from the penalty mark determine which team qualifies for the next stage.

The away goals rule comes into place before extra time. So the only way we'll have extra time is if the game is 0-0 after 90 minutes.

And it annoys me when people say away goals "count double". They don't. If the scores are level, the team with the most away goals wins. You could say away goals count as 1.00001, or away goals count as 1,00000, the outcome is the same. There's nothing in the rules that says they count double.
Sorry I annoyed you, Jeff. Please don't treat me too harshly.

Average maybe, quick and aggressive definitely.

They made full use of their subs I reckon to keep the tempo and energy levels high. We might be the better footballing side but we have yet to master their kind of shithousing. If they come at us like that again (and why shouldn't they?) then I can't see us being able to dictate as we like.

Average maybe, quick and aggressive definitely.

They made full use of their subs I reckon to keep the tempo and energy levels high. We might be the better footballing side but we have yet to master their kind of shithousing. If they come at us like that again (and why shouldn't they?) then I can't see us being able to dictate as we like.
The game will be quicker due to the far superior playing surface. As a result, they will be blowing out of their arses at about the 50-60 minute mark.

So we'll be OK if we can ride out a 60 minute storm? Well, that's a little more optimistic I suppose ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757