Pre Match Leicester v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Bollocks to it, I thought I will start the pre match thread and hopefully a change in fortunes and results at home. With the season pretty much over, I would like to see us plan for next season, blood some of the younger players and give them an opportunity to show they can be involved next season, I would play Mahrez in the no 10 role so we can look to play in a similar style and vein in preparation for next season, also by playing Albrighton at right back we are at least playing in the set up Puel wants and it will at least demonstrate what the football would be like if he had players in position who can carry out his instructions.

My line up would be -

Schmichael (Hamer if Kasper is injured)

Albrighton
Dragovic
Maguire
Chilwell

Ndidi
Choudhury

Gray
Mahrez
Diabate

Vardy

Subs
Hamer or Jakupovic
Fuchs
Hughes
Silva
Ian Nacho
Barnes
Thomas

Time to start preparing for next season.

Kasper
Albrighton Dragovic Maguire Chilwell
Choudhury
Ndidi Silva
Diabate Gray
Vardy

How unappealing is this game?

Southampton on a Thursday night with **** all to play for.

Jakupovic

Amartey Dragovic Maguire Chilwell

NDidi Choudhury Silva

Mahrez Vardy Gray​

Blake (2), Roberts and Carr with our goals. Dowie (2) and LeTissier with their. 4-1 up with two minutes to go. Squeaky bum time for the last few minutes.

Call me old fashioned - and many have - but I believe we have a duty to put out a strong team against Southampton. The result of that game may help decide whether Swansea are relegated.
Agree. Some might argue that Swansea’s fate is their own and they should have seen to their own safety earlier in the season, but I think what little integrity and dignity the Premier League still retains is worth keeping. Swansea, Palace, West Ham, and anyone else still needing points to confirm their safety will expect other teams around them to have to work for their points. We might be shit but I’d like us to at least maintain the illusion of being a legitimate opposition rather than ****ing around with the side and having undeserving squad players hand the points over.

Or on the other hand... If there's anything we can do to send West Ham, the Dildo Brothers, Karen Brady and their taxpayer-funded stadium down, I'm all for it.

Especially if Millwall could be passing them coming the other way.

Call me old fashioned - and many have - but I believe we have a duty to put out a strong team against Southampton. The result of that game may help decide whether Swansea are relegated.

So if Morgan and Simpson play alongside each other again we are acting without integrity ?

Good point

So how are people going to feel if we lose this then?
I’ll give us one more game to perfect the ‘keeper to the centre back, centre back to the right back, right back to the ‘keeper triangle.

I have realised I have no ****ing idea what will happen and what the score will be, but I can almost guarantee it won't be very exciting.

Genuinely considering not going.

It's hard enough watching us play the most boring football I've ever seen when we have something to play for, never mind when it means **** all.

I'll also be pissed off if he lets then play with freedom and urgency as it is too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757