Match Thread Leicester v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a move that suggests that other PL managers don't quite think that Justin is the best left back in the world, Southampton are clearly trying to exploit Justin by sucking him in and then running by him.

We've got away with it so far, but I don't think Justin has the situation under control.
Nor do any of the fans. Or anyone. Anywhere.

It's because they are pressing us so high. The solution is a good pass or a long pass. So far, both our best players for this (Tielemans and Albrighton) are not in the game. Albrighton has had the ball in space a couple of times and just hammered it straight to Southampton.

Good call. Youri got the assist and it was a cracking ball to Madders

This first half performance is a perfect example of why the back four makes us more vulnerable than the back three/five.

Both full backs keep getting caught. Just now, Castagne was out of position and they got in. They've been trying to do it all match. We've been really lucky so far.

Genuine question, how is them hugging during a celebration more likely to spread the virus than all the close contact that goes on during the match? I don't get it
Close contact during play is 'essential'. Close contact during celebration isn't.

Genuine question, how is them hugging during a celebration more likely to spread the virus than all the close contact that goes on during the match? I don't get it

It's mad isn't it...

I get the rules are contradictory in a lot of ways but to tell footballers they can't touch in celebration but can all over the pitch is just stupid.

It's purely for show if they stop them celebrating, not actually protecting them

It's not. But they've been asked not to. Pep reckons players can't do it. My 6 year old can see his gran 2 meters away and not hug her. Simple instructions for grown adults shouldn't be that hard to follow.

It's mad isn't it...

I get the rules are contradictory in a lot of ways but to tell footballers they can't touch in celebration but can all over the pitch is just stupid.

It's purely for show if they stop them celebrating, not actually protecting them
What is mad, is the continuation of football if we are honest. It's a nonsense.

If stopping them mounting one another after a goal stops just one case, then it will be a good thing.

Barnes is playing very well. Maddison I think has also done some lovely things.

Ndidi and Tielemans off the pace a but but not a bad first half performance.

Have players already been told that they should distance at celebrations?

I've watched a few games today and they've all just celebrated as normal.

I enjoyed Maddison celebration but to then still high five and hug for real at the end of it ruined it slightly!

I think it's dumb telling them to stay apart during celebrations, but if football gets stopped because they don't listen when told to stop celebrating it will be very frustrating!

As poor as we have played over any 45 min period this season for me. Credit to Southampton for stopping the play. Still, we lead!

Aye.....it's very much evident they're not. "It's instinct to hug after a goal"

Not instinct whatsoever to hug your elderly relatives when you barely see them. Null and void it. ****ing ****s.
You missed the 'greedy' out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366