Match Thread Leicester v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amartey again. FFS.

Wonder what's going on with Tielemans. Transfer-related, or Rodgers-related?

Barnes straight back in. Is he ready, or are we desperate?

No problem at all down at LCFC

Ward, Amartey, Perez now starting in our first XI

All is perfectly fine

Amartey in a back 4 scares the shit out of me - he's been a calamity this season but at least at times last season looked an okay backup in a 3. He's never looked good in a 4.

But the bigger surprise is Tielemans... Transfer related or is Brendan sacrificing him for the shape? Tielemans is an infinitely better player than Perez, but this does at least keep Maddison central and gives a better balance to the team in a 4-2-3-1

Like it other than Amertey obviously

I think it's our strongest system if we are playing 4 at the back with Ndidi, KDH & Maddison in a midfield 3 with Perez and Barnes out wide.

Sure it would be nice to have a better option than Perez for the right hand side and I would probably give Soyuncu the nod ahead of Amartey but we always look a much better threat in this formation than we do with 3 at the back.

Maddison playing central is a big bonus for us though as he is far more effective there than out wide.

I wouldn't read much in to Tielmans being on the bench and an imminent transfer, he was very poor last week and we looked better when we changed system when he came off - i still think he will go before the end of the month but i don't think him being on the bench means anything apart from BR favouring KDH in as part of the midfield 3.

I've got to the point where I hope someone comes in a spunks a load of money and Tielemans and Fofana. No point in keeping players who aren't committed to the cause.

I've got to the point where I hope someone comes in a spunks a load of money and Tielemans and Fofana. No point in keeping players who aren't committed to the cause.
I thought you said Fofana was staying?

relying on you lot to hear how fhe match is going….not one mention of action so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263