Pre Match Leicester v Sporting Braga

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing hell, more football?

I'd be tempted to give Mendy a rest too, but equally I doubt that'll happen. Hopefully, we'll be in a position to give Hamza a run in his place for at least 30 minutes otherwise that international break might be his first chance for a breather.

I'd be tempted to give Mendy a rest too, but equally I doubt that'll happen. Hopefully, we'll be in a position to give Hamza a run in his place for at least 30 minutes otherwise that international break might be his first chance for a breather.
Mendy didn't start last Thursday

Schmeichel
Evans Fofana Morgan Albrighton Choudhury Mendy Thomas
Under Maddison
Iheanacho

I would try and play tight on Thursday for 45 minutes and then give Tielemans, Praet, Vardy Barnes a run at them for some of the second half.

Mendy didn't start last Thursday
I realise that but Braga is a stiffer test and Rodgers may be tempted to start Mendy. I personally hope he doesn't and Hamza is trusted to play with maturity but I obviously don't know how Rodgers prioritises Thursday nor sees the threat of Braga.

As strong a side we can muster. A win basically secures progress out of the group and would allow us to rotate heavily (Hamza, Nacho, Morgan, Thomas, even Ward) for future European games.

Kasper

Justin
Fofana
Evans/Morgan
Fuchs

Mendy
Tielemans

Under
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy

i'm in two minds really. Progress is pretty much assured as i can only see us beating AEK at ours and getting at least a point off Zorya in the Ukraine, it's whether we want to win the group....

What are the ramifications on the KO draw depending on where you finish in the group?

As strong a side we can muster. A win basically secures progress out of the group and would allow us to rotate heavily (Hamza, Nacho, Morgan, Thomas, even Ward) for future European games.

Kasper

Justin
Fofana
Evans/Morgan
Fuchs

Mendy
Tielemans

Under
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy
All of this.

Braga are no mugs. Lose against them twice and we’re under pressure for the last two matches.

Full strength for this one being a home match. Then rest.

Agreed, this is probably the most important group game.

We'll have a strong line-up for this. Try and win the game in 60 mins and then the EL allows more subs so can sub players out if we're comfortable.

I think it will be:

Kasper

Justin
Fofana
Morgan/Evans/Fuchs
Thomas

Mendy
Tielemans

Under
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy

What are the ramifications on the KO draw depending on where you finish in the group?

There are 32 teams in the first knock-out round. 12 group winners, 12 runners up, and 8 teams that finished third in their Champions League group.
The 12 group winners, and the four best placed CL teams will be seeded.
So if we win the group we'll have a better chance of getting an easier draw.

There are 32 teams in the first knock-out round. 12 group winners, 12 runners up, and 8 teams that finished third in their Champions League group.
The 12 group winners, and the four best placed CL teams will be seeded.
So if we win the group we'll have a better chance of getting an easier draw.
Thanks. I wondered how they’d split it, just didn’t know if they’d tier the CL teams or the EL group winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757