Pre Match Leicester v Sporting Braga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not be happier to see Soyuncu and Pereira training in earnest ahead of the braga game. If Soyuncu, Pereira and Castagne are all available post Nov internationals it will be epic
Justin, Albrighton will count themselves unlucky to get dropped if and when we have everyone back, but what a good headache for Rodgers to have.

Not sure of proper full strength side but for me, the below could be a league winning side - with at least 6 or 7 having a good claim to be the best in their position in the league. With Under, Justin, Praet, Mendy, Iheanacho, Fuchs, Thomas, Morgan providing what is now some serious back up. Its amazing what clearing some dead wood out and taking under performers like Gray and Perez out of the equation has done.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Pereira Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Maddison Barnes
Vardy

I get that there is a real advantage in us winning this game. It would all but set us up for winning the group.

However, the Wolves match has to be the priority and the gap between the two matches is very small (66 hours), especially after playing on Monday. I think we have to prioritise Sunday afternoon.

My line up would be:

Schmeichel
Justin Fofana Morgan Thomas
Choudhury Praet
Under Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

We need to protect Vardy and Evans for Sunday. We should also hold back Albrighton, Mendy, Tielemans and Fuchs for then too. That would give us sufficient freshness in the side to be able to compete with a very tough Wolves side that we've found difficult to beat recently.

And the suggested line up for Braga remains a good one. Choudhury and Iheanacho have both played well and stank it out this season. We need them though. We have plenty of pace and creativity in that side.

Could not be happier to see Soyuncu and Pereira training in earnest ahead of the braga game. If Soyuncu, Pereira and Castagne are all available post Nov internationals it will be epic
Justin, Albrighton will count themselves unlucky to get dropped if and when we have everyone back, but what a good headache for Rodgers to have.

Not sure of proper full strength side but for me, the below could be a league winning side - with at least 6 or 7 having a good claim to be the best in their position in the league. With Under, Justin, Praet, Mendy, Iheanacho, Fuchs, Thomas, Morgan providing what is now some serious back up. Its amazing what clearing some dead wood out and taking under performers like Gray and Perez out of the equation has done.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Pereira Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Maddison Barnes
Vardy

I agree. But if we lose Vardy it's all for nothing. A Vardy backup has to be number one priority for us in January.

However, the Wolves match has to be the priority and the gap between the two matches is very small (66 hours), especially after playing on Monday. I think we have to prioritise Sunday afternoon.
It'd certainly be interesting to know how Rodgers prioritises it.

A draw against Braga wouldn't be the end of the world (neither would a loss in truth but it'd make for added tension in the final groups games) I know what the preferred result is though, as does the club. Get qualification sorted (and then get dicked by Porto)

But Rodgers will have a eye on Sunday. Wolves, on their day, are a more than decent side (in fact, as an aside, I do admire them and what that Santos bloke is doing, how he's got them playing) Of course, a loss to them wouldn't be he end of the world either.

Indeed, Rodgers' lineup and tactics thinking for tonight might include a 'which game would we least like to loose?' factor.

Win the Braga game tonight, Europa League qualification edges ever nearer. Start strong, hope to have the game under the belt by 60mins and rest then. Tough ask, but not out of the question, and I think should be the priority.

Win the Braga game tonight, Europa League qualification edges ever nearer. Start strong, hope to have the game under the belt by 60mins and rest then. Tough ask, but not out of the question, and I think should be the priority.
We're already in the Europa League

No Maddidon or Barnes in England squad. I don't agree that mount, winks etc should keep them out but I'm glad it means we will hopefully have all of the returning players + them fully fit and rested for the Liverpool game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757