Pre Match Leicester v Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Well, back to the bread and butter job of ensuring survival. Although our form has dramatically improved since the departure of CR, we can't afford a dip in form again that could see us edging closer to the trap door of relegation.

We have two home games in the league over four days with the mighty Sunderland at home on Tuesday under the flood lights.

Six points from these two games would almost certainly guarantee survival.

Anyway, first things first. Stoke City, 6 points ahead of us with a win and three draws more to their name. They reside in ninth place with 36 points being 7 adrift of WBA, so they may be 'on the beach' and certainly there for the taking should we play the same way we have done in our last two league victories.

Eight games on April with the tantalising prospect of Athletico Madrid ahead.

Come on Citeh.

3-1, Vardy double and Ndidi.

Who else played international football? A win will pull the rest towards us.A couple of wins and we could be poised nicely for the end of the season. Personally I think 33 points will be enough to be safe this year.

2 home games against average and poor opposition. these are should win and possibly "must" win games. With our game in hand over Stoke and 3 others just above us, 2 wins here and we could still manage top half of the table with a the place finish. Wouls make us more interesting to players like Keane and any worthwhile defenders from the relegated clubs like Harry wotsisname.

These two games are absolutely critical. Any slip up makes the fixture pile up look ****ing horrible but handle our business and we will be well-positioned to give the Madrid games a right good go.

Everton away should see massive rotation, but only if we can get through the woods here.

2 home games against average and poor opposition. these are should win and possibly "must" win games. With our game in hand over Stoke and 3 others just above us, 2 wins here and we could still manage top half of the table with a the place finish. Wouls make us more interesting to players like Keane and any worthwhile defenders from the relegated clubs like Harry wotsisname.
I think you mean Maguire, and I can't disagree with you. I think that would be a good signing.

Now he's played for England, I think Keane is probably out of reach. Unless we win the UCL.

I think you mean Maguire, and I can't disagree with you. I think that would be a good signing.

Now he's played for England, I think Keane is probably out of reach. Unless we win the UCL.

You are probably right but if we finish 10th - comfortably above Burnley then maybe money talks. A wage that blows other teams out of the water - and he's worth it and a position of great need - would mean only a top 6 team would be seen as a better move.

I haven't been so certain of a win in a long time. Stoke will fold when we put a couple of early goals past them.

Barring injuries the starting 11 will be as per usual, hopefully same comitted performance as last few games and 3 points likely. They will be stubborn but we can beat these, i think 2-1 Vardy Mahrez

Okazaki will be the interesting one.

Ranieri always rested him after he travelled the world playing for Japan. Shakespeare's approach will say much as will (if he plays) Okazaki's performance level.

As an aside, I think we should insist that both Okazaki and Morgan quit international football this summer to prolong their career and usefulness to us.

I think we should celebrate and encourage our players' achievements in playing for their countries. We can't afford for potential transfer targets to think that they can't fulfil their footballing dreams with us

I reckon Hull and Swansea can both get wins this weekend. We're going to need the 3pts here.

Hull are on 24 points with approx 9 games left it is a tall order for them to reach 33 points

They've taken 11 points from their last nine games, and the next set of nine look much easier

Hull are on 24 points with approx 9 games left it is a tall order for them to reach 33 points

They'll pick up 3 this weekend so that's 27 with 8 to go. Swansea will win too.

I don't take anything for granted since a 'doomed' team picked up 22 points from their last 9 games a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757