Pre Match Leicester v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Tuesday night sees the visit of the leagues bottom team - Sunderland.

They look dead and buried and certainly marooned in the bottom three seven points off third bottom.

If we can maintain our form and momentum then a home win should be on the cards and this would put us on 36 points only 4 off the 'magic' 40.

Can see us putting a few past the black cats so my prediction is 5-2.

0-0 here we come then?

What team does Shakey then put out on Sunday?

They look dead and buried and certainly marooned in the bottom three seven points off third bottom.

Which in itself makes them tricky; nothing to play for, nothing to lose. Underestimate at your peril.

We cannot afford to do anything other than play our best available team. We need the points and to forget about the next 2 games.

On current form, we ought win this but we can't let our form slip.

If we can't beat these at home then we deserve to go down. Put out our best team and get the 3 points in style.

Demarai stays in the team for me. If Shakey wants Albrighton then drop Riyad (and pretend it's to rest him). Benny in ahead of Morgan too and I'd play Amartey instead of Danny who is playing as though his injury is a lot worse than he's letting on.

Can see us putting a few past the black cats so my prediction is 5-2.

Please no - definitely NO!

5-2 was the score against Sunderland which took us to the top of the table many years ago. Just a week before we had won the League Cup at Wembley. But it was all downhill from there. I'm getting flashbacks of Peter Taylor and worse.

No - any score other than 5-2 please!

Please no - definitely NO!

5-2 was the score against Sunderland which took us to the top of the table many years ago. Just a week before we had won the League Cup at Wembley. But it was all downhill from there. I'm getting flashbacks of Peter Taylor and worse.

No - any score other than 5-2 please!
No it didn't.

I think it was a home game against Sunderland (0-0?) a few months later that took us top under PT
Correct. We never topped the table with MON.

I think it was a home game against Sunderland (0-0?) a few months later that took us top under PT

away, I got tickets for 5 quid in the home end due to my sister having an offer through school....possibly primary school. I got asked to leave as I stood up and took the piss out of one of their misses and went ooooohhh when we missed. The 5-2 was just before Collywobbles crocked himself and MON decided it was too warm in England and moved abroad.

The 5-2 was just before Heskey decided that Liverpool was the future.

Mea culpa! Yes - it was the following year we went top. But the 5-2 was the time that Heskey and Collymore worked so well together - and we thought that we had a great future - until Heskey skipped. And then Martin O'Neill.

I got the details wrong but I still see that game as the time from which everything went wrong - and stayed wrong for years.

a must win for them if we keep same team , desire, comittment, performance we will win this, i think 2-0 Vardy Gray

Gray was fantastic on Saturday and tore them to shreds, I would put Albrighton on the bench and see if Gray can dominate more than one game. Mahrez is getting better it is clear he is trying too hard to score. Same team for me and keep momentum going!

Reactions: FIF
Be interested to see if Okazaki plays. He reputedly tires after international breaks (jet lag?) but looked OK to me on Saturday. He may be the one player rested.

Unless Wes is fully fit, I don't see him being risked. Benalouane looked comfortable, albeit not pushed, and I'd like another look at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757