Pre Match Leicester v West Bromwich Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back to the reverse fixture, We spanked them in the second half but were shit in the first. There won't be any margin for anything like that this time around. We really do need to score early on to have a chance here

We really do need to score early on to have a chance here
I'd prefer late as I'm not so sure I'd want them chasing the game. But, in all truth, as long as we score (and win) I really don't care when. I'll be gleefully shouting 'get-in!' whenever.

Haven’t beaten Baggies at home since 1994 apparently.

They even nicked a point off us the year we won the title (Kingy scored a beauty).
That is a shocking stat

This will be a tough, physical encounter for sure. Big Sam will ask his players to target our midfielders' legs. I predict we will pick up an injury or two in this one, and subsequently get pipped in inury time and lose 0-1. It's strange to me how Big Sam always seems to be able to get teams out of trouble, but if they aren't in trouble, he's shit. Proper siege manager, an escape artist, whatever you want to call it. Why he can't convert that in times of less trouble is quite baffling.
You've answered your own question really. His teams are a bunch of cloggers & hoofers. You can kick & shove your way out of trouble but you need more than that to achieve anything better than mere survival. Thats why he doesn't.

They are ****ing shit. If we don;t give these a ****ing hiding with what we are playing for then everyone can **** off.

Honestly, scared of WBA. Tells you exactly what you need to know about our mental strength as a club when it comes to the crunch.
Exactly.

Half the ****ing league plays the way they do to a greater or lesser degree. If we're going to struggle against that then we won't win anything & don't deserve to.

I agree our problems are mostly mental. Worrying really as that's the exact opposite of what we used to be known for.

Exactly.

Half the ****ing league plays the way they do to a greater or lesser degree. If we're going to struggle against that then we won't win anything & don't deserve to.

I agree our problems are mostly mental. Worrying really as that's the exact opposite of what we used to be known for.
Damnit, you're right.

We should start a separate league with all the teams that play nice football, and leave those rotters alone

Rumoured lineup for tonight is

Kasper
Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas
Ndidi, Maddison, Youri
Nacho Man, Vardy

I'd be happy with that. See how Castagne does back on the right and a natural left back. And of course good to have Maddison back in the side

Kasper
Ndidi, Maddison, Youri
Nacho Man, Vardy

I'd be happy with that. See how Castagne does back on the right and a natural left back. And of course good to have Maddison back in the side
Still Albrighton overlooked

Kasper
Ndidi, Maddison, Youri
Nacho Man, Vardy

Don't like it as a set-up against these If i'm honest.

Full backs needing to provide all of the attacking width, and yet deal with all of the counter attacking that WBA will try and do.

This plus the fact that non of our full backs have offered anything remotely decent in an attacking sense since the 1st half of the season.

Don't like it as a set-up against these If i'm honest.

Full backs needing to provide all of the attacking width, and yet deal with all of the counter attacking that WBA will try and do.

This plus the fact that non of our full backs have offered anything remotely decent in an attacking sense since the 1st half of the season.

I'm not sure what other setup is right for us to get 2 strikers into the lineup though.

Or that have two wingers worth playing, to not have to rely on the wing backs for width.

You're right though about our wingbacks not offering enough recently.

I don't give a shit what formation we play and how well we play, I just want to win. Our next four games are huge in terms of where we end up and I don't want us to fall short again this year. I think we deserve it, based on the last two seasons, but that means nothing. Just win.

Referee: Andy Madley.
Assistants: Simon Long, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Mike Dean.
VAR: Martin Atkinson.
Assistant VAR: Dan Cook.

Head-to-head

• Leicester won the reverse fixture 3-0 at The Hawthorns and could complete a top-flight double over West Brom for the first time since 1938.
  • However, the Foxes are winless in nine home games against West Brom in all competitions.
  • All eight of Albion's Premier League points in this fixture have been earned away (W2, D2).
Leicester City

• Leicester could lose three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since February 2019.
  • Seven of their nine league defeats this season have been at the King Power Stadium.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho is now Leicester's leading goalscorer in all competitions in 2020-21 with 15 goals, one ahead of Jamie Vardy.
  • Brendan Rodgers has won three of his four Premier League home matches as a manager against the Baggies.
West Bromwich Albion

• They could win three successive Premier League matches for the first time since a club record run of four in November 2012.
  • West Brom have 24 points after 31 matches. The only team to have fewer points in a top-flight season and avoid relegation was Fulham in 2008.
  • The Baggies have scored eight goals in their last two Premier League fixtures. They had netted 10 goals in their first 16 league matches under Sam Allardyce.
  • Matheus Pereira and Callum Robinson both have a chance of becoming the first West Brom player to score in three consecutive Premier League matches since Salomon Rondon in 2016.
  • Allardyce has won only one of his six Premier League fixtures as a manager against Brendan Rodgers.

A team second from bottom is exactly the sort of team you want to face. Okay they’ve won some games latterly. But that are a shot team. If they were anything other than shit they wouldn’t be where they are in the table. In fact, you couldn’t have handpicked four better fixtures than our next four. On the basis that any team can beat anyone, yes we could lose any/all of them. But for **** sake, 12 points are on the table and should be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757