Pre Match Leicester v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jeff, good shout that! I forgot about all Europa League games being on BT... Guess I will need it for that then. Is the month pass from when you buy it, or to the calendar month?

The standalone month pass direct from BT lasts 30 days from the day you buy it. It's not cheap at £25 a month though. https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass

If you have a broadband or mobile contract with BT, EE, plusnet etc there are cheaper options.

Sunday, Midday, BT Sport

After scoring 3, 4 then 5, anything less than 6 will be unacceptable.
4 will be Pens
Who gives a shit - we could score a hundred penalties and if we win the league we still get a trophy
Keep up at the back.
Listen carefully I will say this only once, my 4 pens post was a play on Jeff's 3,4,5,6 goals, as we have had 2 pens then 3 pens hence 4 will be pens.

The only danger I see is Tomas Soucek and our inability to defend corners.

I suspect that now that Fofana has signed, Rodgers will eventually go for a 3 4 2 1 formation. That would mean a back 3 of Fofana Evans Soyuncu. A midfield of Castagne Teilmans Maddison Ricardo and with Under and Barnes wide supporting Vardy.

When under serious pressure, Castagne and Ricardo move back into defence and Under and Barnes move back into defensive mid-field positions. That would mean that we can defend 5 4 1as we did on Sunday and break with 3 4 2 1. All of our wide players are really fast and I think that would scare the bejeebers out of most teams.

Interesting times ahead

He is injured until the New Year. This means that we don't have to bring him back too early as we did last season

I suspect that now that Fofana has signed, Rodgers will eventually go for a 3 4 2 1 formation. That would mean a back 3 of Fofana Evans Soyuncu. A midfield of Castagne Teilmans Maddison Ricardo and with Under and Barnes wide supporting Vardy.

When under serious pressure, Castagne and Ricardo move back into defence and Under and Barnes move back into defensive mid-field positions. That would mean that we can defend 5 4 1as we did on Sunday and break with 3 4 2 1. All of our wide players are really fast and I think that would scare the bejeebers out of most teams.

Interesting times ahead

Ive been thinking this too, but I can't see any successful teams playing without a, defensive mid. I think Maddison and Tielemans would also want the defensive mid to free them up from that work. And Tielemans is better when that happens.

But I think we could see something close to that - I imagine it would be Mendy in place of Barnes or Ünder.

The starting winger would then play more as a support striker to Vardy with a free role.

I think its an exciting looking team.

I still think we will use the current 4-1-4-1 system as well but we will have a real alternative option for different games.

Nah.
I reckon he's always going to go with the 2 deeper lying players in midfield if we play 3 at the back. So: when 3-4-2-1

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Mendy Tielemans Castagne (Justin)
Under (Maddison) Barnes
Vardy

This formation makes it hard to get Tielemans, Maddison and Praet into the side at the same time as Barnes and Under, so i only think Rodgers will play this in games against top form sides where we won't dictate the ball OR will swith to it in games where

When 4-1-4-1

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Castagne (Justin)
Mendy
Under Tielemans Maddison Barnes
Vardy

With our full strength side out and against any one but Man City, Liverpool or the pace of Man Utd - 4 at the back feels like the best option to me as it allows us to get 2 attacking midfields up the pitch, 2 wide men playing in tandem with fullbacks and still play the deep lying pivot - either Ndidi or Mendy.

IT also makes our bench look full of options as we will have so many first choices available to come in.

Still a striker light though....

Nah.
I reckon he's always going to go with the 2 deeper lying players in midfield if we play 3 at the back. So: when 3-4-2-1

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Mendy Tielemans Castagne (Justin)
Under (Maddison) Barnes
Vardy

This formation makes it hard to get Tielemans, Maddison and Praet into the side at the same time as Barnes and Under, so i only think Rodgers will play this in games against top form sides where we won't dictate the ball OR will swith to it in games where

When 4-1-4-1

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Castagne (Justin)
Mendy
Under Tielemans Maddison Barnes
Vardy

With our full strength side out and against any one but Man City, Liverpool or the pace of Man Utd - 4 at the back feels like the best option to me as it allows us to get 2 attacking midfields up the pitch, 2 wide men playing in tandem with fullbacks and still play the deep lying pivot - either Ndidi or Mendy.

IT also makes our bench look full of options as we will have so many first choices available to come in.

Still a striker light though....
Any system we play makes it hard to get Praet and Maddison in the team, without playin one out of position. But having strong competition for places is a good thing.

West Ham will set up like we did at Man City with a back five, a four in midfield in front of them and Antonio in a deep lying forward role. They look to sit deep and break at pace.

West Ham were awful against Newcastle, unlucky to lose at Arsenal and battered Wolves. They tend to start slowly and they do better in the second half of games.

We need to revert back to a 4-2-3-1 and move the ball quickly. We need pace, creativity and width in the team.

I'd go with:

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Justin
Mendy Tielemans
Maddison Praet Barnes
Vardy

We need to come out of the blocks quickly here, so the line up will depend on how fit Maddison and Praet are. Whichever looks sharpest should start in this formation:

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Justin
Mendy Tielemans
Under Maddison/Praet Barnes
Vardy

Whoever plays for Leicester I would be disappointed in anything other than 3 points. WHU have a shit manager shit ground shit owners and a shit team.

Referee: Andy Madley.
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Adrian Holmes.
Fourth official: Simon Hooper.
VAR: Graham Scott.
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry.

They have some dangerous players, no doubt about it. If we don't play well they could easily turn us over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757