Pre Match Leicester v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could get a couple of early goals, it absolutely piles the pressure on Everton - even though I don't trust our ability to hold a two goal lead.

People focussing on Everton game, do you actually think we are going to win a game of football?

We are the biggest obstacle to survival, not Everton.

People focussing on Everton game, do you actually think we are going to win a game of football?

We are the biggest obstacle to survival, not Everton.
I know, one win in 15 hardly ignites confidence does it?

Just to prepare some of you younger fans....

The agony:

And the downright misery:

Side note - I'd completely forgot that Pearson steered Southampton to safety and sent us down. What a ****! haha.

We’ve got some shite at the minute and had some shite since. But Barry Hayles... my god.

Spectacular.

If we could get a couple of early goals, it absolutely piles the pressure on Everton - even though I don't trust our ability to hold a two goal lead.
No, the plan is this:

Go one nil down early and then have a lot of "injuries" and delays in play in the first half.

Second half starts at the same time Everton's match clock is on about 50 minutes.

More delays at our place through "cramp", etc.

Meanwhile, Everton play safe and don't gamble pushing players forwards for a winner.

The final final whistle at Goodison is blown. 0-0 is the result. The board then goes up at our ground. It's 10 minutes added time!

Then boom! Souttar scores at the back post! One nil. And then.... 99 minutes on the clock..... a corner to Leicester......up they come, even Iversen is up......is this the moment?

Maddison to deliver it. He raises one arm. Does a little shuffle thing..... everyone is biting their nails, poised on the edge of their terribly faded seats....

Shit corner. Doesn't beat the first man. Ref blows. It's all over. Down we go.

I do very much like the idea of deploying some complete shithousery to delay kick off by ten minutes so we know how the land lies when the Everton game is already finished.

That way we will know whether or not we can boo the hopeless ****s at the end, even if we win

Some people are over thinking this.
There you go with more insinuations! Give a toadstool a great feather and bring the thirsty limpet to its knees!

I do very much like the idea of deploying some complete shithousery to delay kick off by ten minutes so we know how the land lies when the Everton game is already finished.

That way we will know whether or not we can boo the hopeless ****s at the end, even if we win

#StayingCuntyWithHomer

No, the plan is this:

Go one nil down early and then have a lot of "injuries" and delays in play in the first half.

Second half starts at the same time Everton's match clock is on about 50 minutes.

More delays at our place through "cramp", etc.

Meanwhile, Everton play safe and don't gamble pushing players forwards for a winner.

The final final whistle at Goodison is blown. 0-0 is the result. The board then goes up at our ground. It's 10 minutes added time!

Then boom! Souttar scores at the back post! One nil. And then.... 99 minutes on the clock..... a corner to Leicester......up they come, even Iversen is up......is this the moment?

Maddison to deliver it. He raises one arm. Does a little shuffle thing..... everyone is biting their nails, poised on the edge of their terribly faded seats....

Shit corner. Doesn't beat the first man. Ref blows. It's all over. Down we go.
I was really enjoying reading that, I thought, you are actually prediction the end.... till you spoilt the actual end.

I was really enjoying reading that, I thought, you are actually prediction the end.... till you spoilt the actual end.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll do another version before next Sunday.

By the way, what did the wife say this morning when you asked about the result?

My lingering hope ended when Fulham put five past us and, a couple of hours later, Everton scored five at Brighton.

I am at ease with relegation and see very little point in over-thinking it now. Everton will probably win. We will probably not beat West Ham. Two unlikely things can happen but I really can't see it.

The point at Newcastle effectively took Leeds out of the equation for us. It also put Everton under increased pressure that they have to believe that they need to win, whether that's true or not.

The bottom line is that we deserve relegation and we're likely to get exactly what we deserve on Sunday.

The bottom line is that we deserve relegation and we're likely to get exactly what we deserve on Sunday.
Inclined to agree. However, I know that not everything deserved actually happens. I'm not expecting things to go our way (and there to be an 'injustice'?) but acknowledge that they could.

My lingering hope ended when Fulham put five past us and, a couple of hours later, Everton scored five at Brighton.

I am at ease with relegation and see very little point in over-thinking it now. Everton will probably win. We will probably not beat West Ham. Two unlikely things can happen but I really can't see it.

The point at Newcastle effectively took Leeds out of the equation for us. It also put Everton under increased pressure that they have to believe that they need to win, whether that's true or not.

Yep, pretty similar, although the Everton game felt like the final straw for me.

Been so resigned to relegation for so long that I’d be absolutely stunned if it doesn’t happen.

Going to be a weird one. I’ve just about come to terms with going down. I haven’t considered that we wouldn’t for ages.

Been so resigned to relegation for so long that I’d be absolutely stunned if it doesn’t happen.

Going to be a weird one. I’ve just about come to terms with going down. I haven’t considered that we wouldn’t for ages.
Yeah I've been resigned to it for a good while, it was just the last flicker of hope that died out for me after the Everton game.

Last night actually gave us a glimmer of hope. Hope the had all but gone, so whilst there is hope.........

To steal a term from Succession, I have ‘pre-grieved’ our relegation and I’m fine with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757