Pre Match Leicester v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think he’s referring to backing Leicester at 4/1 not to be relegated. So if I put on £150 and we stay up I win £600.
If we go down I will win £750 (less a loss of £150 on the bet to stay up) so £600 either way.

Maths not your strong thing eh?

If you have staked £50 and are about to stake £150 that combined is £200.

Maximum winnings of £750.

£750 minus £200 equals £550.

Yes spot on.

Yep, that'll be the cash out.

Note. You pay a premium to cash out but it's effectively forming the best combination of bets to lock in profit.

Rumours:
Everton's full-back Nathan Patterson is ‘expected’ to miss out on the game after suffering a hamstring injury at the weekend.
Also main striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin also picked up a hamstring injury in the first half of the clash vs Wolves. Latest reports indicate that the forward won’t recover in time for the game vs Bournemouth.

Rumours:
Everton's full-back Nathan Patterson is ‘expected’ to miss out on the game after suffering a hamstring injury at the weekend.
Also main striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin also picked up a hamstring injury in the first half of the clash vs Wolves. Latest reports indicate that the forward won’t recover in time for the game vs Bournemouth.
Great, now just another 20 or so injuries to Everton and West Ham players and we should be fine.

The bookies have Bournemouth at 6/1 for a win at the weekend. 18/5 for the draw.

Are we hoping for something that is incredibly, incredibly unlikely? Or two of them if you count on us winning as well.

The bookies have Bournemouth at 6/1 for a win at the weekend. 18/5 for the draw.

Are we hoping for something that is incredibly, incredibly unlikely? Or two of them if you count on us winning as well.

For a ridiculously long time, the odds on us to be relegated were far too long.

We're evens to beat West Ham and I don't agree with that either. I think we're more likely to not win on Sunday.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bournemouth get a result. I think us winning is the much harder one.

Free money that. As I said previous, last 4 results, 13-3 aggregate four wins.

Yes we are, and the problem is it's not far-fetched enough to be a crazy idea.

It's reasonable to imagine Everton, say, drawing with Bournemouth and on the back of our performance against Newcastle it's reasonable to imagine we could grind out a win.

I think the nightmare scenario is us beating West Ham while Everton nick a win in the seventh minute of stoppage time to send us down.

Just like the Watford game in the play offs that was devastating.

Similar to that game, I think we'll probably get what we deserve. We had a good chance to win the tie with Watford but that was due to a shit dive against a team who were better than us. This time we're probably down and can't really argue that's not what we deserve this season.

Just like the Watford game in the play offs that was devastating.

That game has been on my mind this week too.

I'm worried we're going to be the victims of similar late drama this weekend.

I'd rather Everton are 3-0 up at halftime than it swing against us in stoppage time.

I think the nightmare scenario is us beating West Ham while Everton nick a win in the seventh minute of stoppage time to send us dodown.
I honestly do not think I would have the fortitude to last those 7 minutes. I have a knot in my stomach just thinking about it.

Maybe we should have tried to put ourselves in a better position when we played Newcastle instead of watching them play football around us for 91 minutes. That would have given us a much better chance.
**** you and your common sense.

Yes we are, and the problem is it's not far-fetched enough to be a crazy idea.

It's reasonable to imagine Everton, say, drawing with Bournemouth and on the back of our performance against Newcastle it's reasonable to imagine we could grind out a win.

I think the nightmare scenario is us beating West Ham while Everton nick a win in the seventh minute of stoppage time to send us down.
Be much harder to take if Everton don't win and we go down cos' we lose to West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757