Pre Match Leicester v Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s cards and contactless at ALL of the food outlets in the concourse from now on. No cash tills.

It’s cards and contactless at ALL of the food outlets in the concourse from now on. No cash tills.
Won’t make any difference to how quick you get served both queues took forever last season

Leicester City’s first home game and Wolverhampton Wanderers’ first away game in the Premier League last season was in this fixture at the King Power Stadium on MD2. Leicester City prevailed 2-0.

The last meeting between Leicester and Wolves was in January 2019, with Wolverhampton Wanderers winning 4-3 at Molineux thanks to a last-minute winner from Diogo Jota.

The last time that Leicester and Wolves met on the opening matchday of a league season was in 1934-35 (1-1 draw at Leicester City) – that season, the Foxes were relegated from the top-flight.

Leicester have lost their last three opening games to a league season. However, when kicking off the campaign at home the Foxes haven’t lost since 2007-08 against Blackpool in the Championship, winning four and drawing one since.

This is the first time ever that Wolves are playing their first top-flight game of the season on a Sunday, while the only previous occasion Leicester kicked-off their top-flight campaign on Sunday was in 1994-95 in a 1-3 defeat to Newcastle.

Leicester kept a clean sheet in each of their last two home games in 2018-19. They’ve not gone three league games without conceding at the King Power Stadium since May 2017.

Wolves have won just one of their last seven away Premier League games (D2 L4), with that win coming at Watford in April.

In their 4-3 victory over Leicester in January, Diogo Jota became the first Wolves player to score a top-flight hat-trick since John Richards in October 1977 (also against Leicester City). He also became the second Portuguese player to score a Premier League hat-trick after Cristiano Ronaldo.

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has drawn both of his Premier League meetings with Wolves (as Swansea manager in 2011-12). Wolves are one of just three teams Rodgers has faced but failed to beat in the competition (also Chelsea and Watford).

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has scored four goals in his last four Premier League opening weekend matches. Vardy has also scored 53% of Leicester’s Premier League goals under Brendan Rodgers (9/17).

Almost time for team news! I'm buzzing. The extra wait for our kick off has got me even more excited.

I really can't wait to see what Ayoze Perez brings to the table. Got a feeling he's quickly going to become a fan favourite and a lot to this team. Mostly an additional goal threat to take the burden off the legend that is JV

I am sat here watching the clock.

Looking forward to it but also wary of a good wolves side. If Soyuncu and Perez have good days then I think we will have won the game.
Really keen to see Maddison stamp his authority on this season and become and England player, he has all the ability.

Looking forward to it but also wary of a good wolves side. If Soyuncu and Perez have good days then I think we will have won the game.
Really keen to see Maddison stamp his authority on this season and become and England player, he has all the ability.

100% on that last point. If Madders isn't in the squad for the Euros I'd be amazed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757