Pre Match Leicester Vs Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley being a more physical team I would sooner Ndidi than Mendy in midfield, though perhaps Choudhury might be better if Ndidi has to play centre back.

We are a light weight team and I'm sure Burnley will look to exploit that.

Two very memorable goals! That Burnley performance was the stuff of champions
I remember that game well. Watched it in my room on a hooky stream at uni with a flat mate that I had a massive crush on who supported Burnley. Turns out that she didn’t find me jumping on the bed whooping with a can of beer in my hand attractive....

I remember that game well. Watched it in my room on a hooky stream at uni with a flat mate that I had a massive crush on who supported Burnley. Turns out that she didn’t find me jumping on the bed whooping with a can of beer in my hand attractive....
Strange that, perhaps she was a lezzer?

I personally wouldn’t have Perez anywhere near the starting eleven, but we don’t have a great deal of choice

Other than him, the rest deserve another go
I agree, he really looked poor. Did I read somewhere Rodgers indicated he knew he wouldn’t make the full 90? Is he not fully fit?

That's women for you. Unrealistic expectations.

The behaviour you described was the absolute pinnacle of every relationship I had between the ages of 18 & 26

Keep a winning team imo, WBA were poor and they exposed us in the first half and should scored a brace. Have Burnley got that much pace up front? 3-0 win to us :cool:

We will need more height in the side against Burnley. Our side was very small against WBA.

If Morgan can get through the match, I'd play him.

In addition, Burnley's threat is down the left with McNeil so we should really swap the full backs over so Justin can sit back and defend and allow Castagne to charge forward from the left side.

Personally, I'd also prefer Albrighton to play instead of Perez to offer better protection for Justin.

We will need more height in the side against Burnley. Our side was very small against WBA.

If Morgan can get through the match, I'd play him.

In addition, Burnley's threat is down the left with McNeil so we should really swap the full backs over so Justin can sit back and defend and allow Castagne to charge forward from the left side.

Personally, I'd also prefer Albrighton to play instead of Perez to offer better protection for Justin.
so they’re not shit then?

so they’re not shit then?

Of course they are.

However, I'm mainly reflecting on our defeat to them the last time we played in January, when Ndidi was out injured and we played Mendy in the holding role. They bullied us and scored both times from crosses into our box.

Nah, we have our MOJO back the points are in the bag. Same 11 as harsh to make changes after a 3 nil win.

Head-to-head

• Leicester are unbeaten in nine home league games against Burnley (W5, D4).
  • The Clarets' last top-flight win away to the Foxes was a 2-0 victory on 26 October 1968.
  • Four of the past five games have ended 2-1, including the last three.
Leicester City

• Leicester can begin a Premier League campaign with back-to-back wins for just the third time. They last did so in their title-winning season of 2015-16.
  • The Foxes have lost their opening home match in just one of their past 13 top-flight campaigns (W7, D5), with that defeat a 5-0 loss to Bolton in 2001.
  • Victory would give Brendan Rodgers the 100th Premier League win of his managerial career, in his 210th game.
  • The only British managers to reach the milestone in fewer matches are Sir Alex Ferguson, Sir Kenny Dalglish and Kevin Keegan.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored with 27.5% of his Premier League shots since the start of last season, the best conversion rate of any player with at least 10 goals.
Burnley

• Burnley lost only one of their final eight Premier League away games last season (W5, D2), with that defeat coming at Manchester City on 22 June.
  • The Clarets have not lost their opening league match in any of the previous three seasons, winning twice.
  • Their tally of 15 league wins in 2019-20 was their highest in a top-flight season for 45 years.
  • They also recorded 15 clean sheets - their best top-flight total since 1954-55.
  • Chris Wood scored in Burnley's final three games last season and can equal the club record by scoring in a fourth successive Premier League match.
  • Phil Bardsley could make his 300th appearance in the English top flight.

Referee: Lee Mason.
Assistants: Mark Scholes, Marc Perry.
Fourth official: Darren England.
VAR: Andy Madley.
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881