Pre Match Leicester Vs West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

I admit I'm posting this whilst still annoyed so will almost certainly change my mind by Wednesday but right now I'd pick this team

Ward

Justin Morgan Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Hamza

Ricardo Perez Barnes

Iheanacho
I've only picked Perez due to lack of options

Schmeichel

Justin
Evans
Soyuncu
Fuchs

Ricardo
Mendy
Praet
Barnes

Vardy
Iheanacho

Let’s be fair - that line up looks like a dogs dinner, and a month ago it would look absolutely ridiculous. But it just demonstrates how woefully out of form a lot of our players are right now

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Gray Mendy Tielemans Albrighton

Ihenacho Vardy

Harsh on Barnes, but he’s not a winger or a central midfielder, and I’d like to see Ihenacho start.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Gray Mendy Tielemans Albrighton

Ihenacho Vardy

Harsh on Barnes, but he’s not a winger or a central midfielder, and I’d like to see Ihenacho start.

I'd go with this but Madderson in for Vardy.

Madderson's diving/falling over is extremely frustrating but he is our most creative player by a mile.

Controversial to leave Sir Jamie out be he has been out of form as anyone recently and I would also like to see Nacho given a start.

Agree it is a bit harsh to drop Barnes after a goal but they are far to few and far between and to be honest, unless he has loads of free space to run into, he seems a bit clueless apart from a backwards pass.

Albrighton a must though, when the chips are down so to speak we need to be giving everything and whilst he may not be the most skillful, his work rate is second to none and having him in the team makes others work hard too.

Perez and Barnes only offer a goal threat on the counter attack. That's why neither player scores at home. In fact, they are both utterly useless at home.

If we want to win, we must play Vardy and Iheanacho. I don't give a shit what formation is behind them as long as those two are given service.

I don't really understand why so many are keen to see Ricardo play right wing/right mid...

Because he's great going forwards?

Because if that's why, he already does that from right back and is very effective in doing so (thought he was our best player by a mile yesterday).

Starting him as a right winger effectively means you lose an attacking player. The problem is with whoever is playing on the right in front of him not being effective enough; but losing our attacking outlet at RB doesn't really solve that.

The only reason for pushing Ricardo into midfield would be if you think he's not getting forward enough because he's also having to defend, or if you think he's not good at defending or he's currently sacrificing his defensive duties because he's attacking too much - but I don't think any of that is the case.

Keep him at right back so we have that threat coming forward and overlapping, and just find someone that can do a better job in front of him!

I don't really understand why so many are keen to see Ricardo play right wing/right mid...

Because if that's why, he already does that from right back and is very effective in doing so (thought he was our best player by a mile yesterday).

Starting him as a right winger effectively means you lose an attacking player. The problem is with whoever is playing on the right in front of him not being effective enough; but losing our attacking outlet at RB doesn't really solve that.

The only reason for pushing Ricardo into midfield would be if you think he's not getting forward enough because he's also having to defend, or if you think he's not good at defending or he's currently sacrificing his defensive duties because he's attacking too much - but I don't think any of that is the case.

Keep him at right back so we have that threat coming forward and overlapping, and just find someone that can do a better job in front of him!
Their second goal came from Cags having to come over to cover for Ricardo being too far up the pitch.
It's okay going forward, but you have to have cover.
Their left back had already put in a decent cross earlier, that Wood headed over from.

Ricardo's first job is to defend!

I'd go for:

Kasper
Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell (if fit - and would prefer JJ to Fuchs if not)
Mendy, Praet
Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes
Vardy

Otherwise potentially a diamond so you can leave Barnes out and play Nacho up top with Vardy... But I don't think messing with the system too much is what the players need at the minute. They just need to regain their confidence, so I don't think major changes is the way to do that.

I'd go with this but Madderson in for Vardy.

Madderson's diving/falling over is extremely frustrating but he is our most creative player by a mile.

Controversial to leave Sir Jamie out be he has been out of form as anyone recently and I would also like to see Nacho given a start.

Agree it is a bit harsh to drop Barnes after a goal but they are far to few and far between and to be honest, unless he has loads of free space to run into, he seems a bit clueless apart from a backwards pass.

Albrighton a must though, when the chips are down so to speak we need to be giving everything and whilst he may not be the most skillful, his work rate is second to none and having him in the team makes others work hard too.

It’s Maddison.

Ricrado is often found walking back around the half way line when we are defending ,no one mentions it as he is a golden boy but if the same were true of our left back there would be an outrage, given our wingers lack of production we could play Ricardo and bring in Justin, who would still attack by the way, but have him be slightly more defensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757