Leicester win Connolly race...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bold_fox

The Sun and the Daily Star say that Leicester have beaten Sunderland inthe race to sign david connolly...

Good news hey.

i'm really looking forward to next year, i think its one hell of a squad we're assembling.

LEICESTER have won the battle to land West Ham striker David Connolly.

Foxes boss Micky Adams beat off late competition from Sunderland to sign the Irishman for £500,000 on a three-year deal.

Connolly, 27, will replace Paul Dickov, who left the Foxes to join Blackburn this summer.

Adams has also accused Norwich of attempting to unsettle James Scowcroft.

Canaries manager Nigel Worthington confirmed his interest in the midfielder earlier this week.

But Adams rapped: “I thought Norwich were a quality club and Nigel was a quality manager but I’ve been bitterly disappointed.

“If clubs think they can come in and take any more of my players on the cheap then they’re wrong.”

thats what the sun had to say

bold_fox said:
The Sun and the Daily Star say that Leicester have beaten Sunderland inthe race to sign david connolly...

Good news hey.

i'm really looking forward to next year, i think its one hell of a squad we're assembling.

Until the club says that there is ink drying on a contract I will not believe it. Yesterday the Sun said that Sunderland had won the race, can they decide? Take it with a pinch of salt until it's officially announced.

With the Sun I'd take any story with a pinch of salt and a large helping of bullshit,I'll believe he has signed when I see him in a City shirt.

Think about this one, They said he left without agreeing terms so he might have but it doesn't mean he is not going to sign. But with this it is clear cut 'we have won the race' so it is more than likely to be right as it is a concrete statement and papers do not like being wrong. Unless however they make a statement sayong he changed his mind at the last minute

I bloody hope they're right - i was getting quite excited about him joining to be honest!

http://www.safc.com/news.asp?article=214443&lid=204

This does worry me, however Tim has confidently told me he will DEFINATELY sign, and I trust him.

Adams said on BBC news on Friday that David Connolly had told him if he joins a club then it will be Leicester. Thats quite a statement to make. I'm sure this deal is in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757