Leicester Win the 20/20 cup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

I know this isn't striuctly leicester city but i think we shud celebrate this occasion

Leicestershire County cricket club won the twenty20 cup today at edgbaston. The final was an excelent game and it was hugely exciting!

I managed to fit both the Leicester vs west ham game in and the Final at edgbaston which strated at 7.15!! Im very gald I did!

Surrey Lions 168-6 Innings Complete (A D Brown 64) v Leicestershire Foxes 169-3 (B J Hodge 77 no)
Leicestershire beat Surrey by 7 wkts
Click here for semi-final reports

Leicestershire Foxes became the first side to beat Surrey Lions in two years of the Twenty20 Cup as skipper Brad Hodge's unbeaten 77 from 53 balls set up a seven wicket victory in the final.

Leicestershire were set a daunting 169 to win after Surrey opener Alistair Brown hit 64 in just 41 balls, but they were up with the pace throughout and reached their target with five balls to spare.

Hodge smashed 50 in just 25 balls, but the game was still in the balance right up to the penultimate over with the Foxes needing 20 from 12 balls.

The normally rock solid Adam Hollioake - who had engineered a thrilling defeat of Lancashire by one run in the semi-finals earlier in the day - looked a sure bet to keep it tight.

But Jeremy Snape and Hodge plundered 16 from the over and Snape carved Azhar Mahmood's first ball of the final over to the boundary to start the Leicestershire celebrations.

A thrilled Snape - who finished unbeaten on 34 - told Sky Sports: "It was beautiful - a great win and well deserved. It might have looked easy but it was hard - they bowled well.

"They have lost, we have won. We are going to celebrate - have worked hard this year. It has been a great day with a massive crowd and good weather - wonderful."

Earlier in the day Leicestershire had been equally efficient in disposing of the Glamorgan Dragons in a 21-run victory.

The leicester fans did them selfs proud, infact I think there was a better atmosphere at edgbaston than the walkersstadium!! Did anyone else go?

I watched it on the box, absolutely brill. The way the commentators were hyping up Hollioake in the 2nd last over, and Hodge shows him the door. Proud of the lads. Now come on City conitinue the good name of Leicester into sporting history and win the first coca cola championship. 8)

brilliant,but what annoys me is that the football and rugby side have excellent backing,yet down at grace road the support is appalling.take the durham game 2 weeks ago there was 300-350 supporters for the one-dayer,some people think its boring yet it is a very enjoyable day.hopefully now with a bit of silverware we will get more backing yet i doubt it

Very exciting finish but i knew we would do it !!!!!!!!
Leicestershire lalala Leicestershire lalalal :D

Me dad, and 2 brothers went, said it was brilliant. That streaker that came on was on the row in front and they said a bloke just dressed up as Saddam Hussain was attacked by angered cricket fans frequently, in the end they lobbed him over a barrier, and sadly they also said that Ottis Gibson was being racially abused throughout both games by a set of Lancashire fans.

xsubmariner said:
I watched it on the box, absolutely brill. The way the commentators were hyping up Hollioake in the 2nd last over, and Hodge shows him the door. Proud of the lads. Now come on City conitinue the good name of Leicester into sporting history and win the first coca cola championship. 8)

Twas Jeremy Snape that battered him out of the park! :D

Bloody brilliant!! :D

Cobbo said:
xsubmariner said:

Twas Jeremy Snape that battered him out of the park! :D

Bloody brilliant!! :D

I think it was Hodge actually :oops:

oops!

but who cares, twas a brilliant win!

rotherhamfox said:
Me dad, and 2 brothers went, said it was brilliant. That streaker that came on was on the row in front and they said a bloke just dressed up as Saddam Hussain was attacked by angered cricket fans frequently, in the end they lobbed him over a barrier, and sadly they also said that Ottis Gibson was being racially abused throughout both games by a set of Lancashire fans.

Yeah that was excellent, within about 5 mins some guy threw his drink on saddam, threw malteasers at him, stole his mask, chucked him over the fence and to top it off he was thrown out the the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566