LEICESTER'S CURRENT PLIGHT - THE WAY I SEE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

stripeyfox

Oh dear, how did it come to this? I don’t think any of us can be in any doubt now that the manager will lose his job one way or the other very soon. It seems that the writing has been on the wall for a while now. I disagree with others on this forum who say no one complained about the players signed in the summer – there was no players signed who would have the hordes kicking the ticket office door down. I appreciate its a difficult balance to strike, especially when you have no money to spend but given the sort of football on offer you can understand fans staying away.
The seeds of Mickey’s exit were sown this time last year when we started throwing away points in the Premiership as if they were going out of fashion. Relegation followed and the rhetoric from the club in the summer was of a title challenge – the players signed were clearly part of a title push, not a building from the ground up “new team” (like Norwich in recent years). You don’t sign players like Dublin, Keown and Pressman if you’re laying the foundations for a new era, you sign them to get you out of the division (preferably upwards) and that is why the performances have been so disappointing. They aren’t kids who are a bit rough round the edges and will improve, they are seasoned professionals. On paper the best squad in the league or so everyone in the media thought in the summer.
So I could agree with Rich and others about being more patient and lowering our expectations if I could see any evidence of a “new era” being constructed.
The club’s plan at the moment is to live hand to mouth. Build a team from over the hill past it veterans and various other free transfers and other club’s rejects, gain promotion, bank the ££££’s, get relegated and start again. Its obvious that this leaves lithe margin for error but it is this that has raised our expectations. Most supporters would settle for period of consolidation if the club appeared to be going forwards.
The club continues to take the p*** out of it supporters, just as it always has done (and obviously its not only Leicester who are guilty of that), but for sheer stupidity the club’s request in the summer for fans to come down and weed the car park takes some beating. If I was MA I’d have the players doing it – they’re all fit (reasonably) lads and do little else to justify their huge salaries. But no, apparently after purchasing a season ticket for the last god knows how long, we still need “to give something” back to the club. But I digress. All of these factors IMO are contributing to the apathy around the place at the moment.
It’s so so sad and I don’t know the solution. Sometimes I wish I supported someone really crap like Doncaster or Hartlepool. At least things would be simple!

I know it's going back a bit but a chap called Brian Clough built a team at Derby out of free transfers etc. etc.

Players like Keegan, Platt, Beardsley were 'discovered' playing for so called lesser teams after not making it at the big clubs.

Are those players still around waiting to be discovered?

Is it a case of lazy manager can't be bothered to do the leg work so takes the easy route of signing 'experienced' players.

However, even the younger signings have not lived up to the hype

Like all the supporters I feel that I put a lot into the club, week in week out since my first game in around 1964 . I buy season tickets for myself, my dad and two of my children, we go to a few away games we'd like to go to more but we also support Leicester Riders so it isn't practical. The reason we go, we want to be entertained. This season has not been entertaining.

There is lack of ideas in the team. The style of play, boot the ball as hard as you can up the field and hope the front men get it. IT DOESN'T WORK, the teams in this division have proved they can handle that style of play and they can certainly handle our strikers.

SOLUTION, well, we need younger committed players, we need to play to feet, we need to move the ball around, we need to find and exploit space, we really need to entertain. Then let's move on to winning games and getting promotion with a team that can play, I know I'm living in a dream World.

Is Adams up to changing the situation? NO...

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
stripeyfox said:
there was no players signed who would have the hordes kicking the ticket office door down.

Yes there was. We sold over 16,000 season tickets despite criticism of the prices.

Yes, Keown!

mad biker said:
step said:
Adams out.

you belong on the "other forum mate, you`fit in perfectly :lol:

Surely even your faith, vis-a-vis Adams, has been tested recently. :roll: :wink:

It sure has mate, but i still firmly believe that this set of players AND the manager can and will get us back to the promised land this season, after all, dispite the "ordinary" start to the campaign we`re still well and truly in touch with the top ! "keeping the faith for a while longer yet"

I understand you have contacts at city mad Biker. But you should not try to make out everything is rosy cos it aint and though you seam happy to let this continue without complaint a lot of people, like myself are genuinly concerned about our future and feel that if the club does not act soon we will be loss any opertunity we had for promotion and will stay in the fizzy for a long time.
Mad Biker if you realy feel things are going to be ok, then you must know something the rest of us dont and you should pass the reasons for yopu confidence to everyone else so that people get ma back
You should explain why not just critisize,

Step, I am not criticizing, just expressing an opinion, I am concerned about the way things are right now, who is`nt ? my optimism is`nt based on inside information it`s just the way I feel, I have belief in the Manager and the players and I think we`ll come good and gain automatic promotion, I may well be wrong, let`s hope not !

Why ON EARTH do you say that ?? you wan`t us to fail JUST to get Micky the boot ?? VERY sad mate, very sad indeed !!

You wombat

"I think we`ll come good and gain automatic promotion"

I actually hope you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675