Leicestershire Police Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

New council tax bill arrived this morning together with a leaflet from the LPA explaining the rises and where the money goes etc. Usual stuff so far.

At the back however is a return postage paid card that asks two questions that they are seeking opinions on.

Fair enough so far, but there then follows another half dozen questions asking about whether I consider myself transgendered, what my ethnicity is, what my sexual orientation is, religion, age etc.

OK, so these are voluntary questions but WTF?

If they spent more time concentrating on policing and less on politically correct profiling then society would surely be better served.

I consider myself transgendered, what my ethnicity is, what my sexual orientation is, religion, age etc.

OK, so these are voluntary questions but WTF?

If they spent more time concentrating on policing and less on politically correct profiling then society would surely be better served.

I'd personally view it as the coppers ensuring they are not discriminating against one particular race.

I'd personally view it as the coppers ensuring they are not discriminating against one particular race.

They are asking for an opinion about something. WTF does it matter if I consider myself transgendered? :102:

Surely it is more discriminatory to want to know what type of person is answering the question.

Atleast if a complaint does come up, they can now say "well, we did ask you before..."

Surely it is more discriminatory to want to know what type of person is answering the question.

Because they want to ensure the Police are not being prejudice to one particular race or whether one race suffers harsh treatment from the Police. Within the Police, there are horrible ignorant attitudes still in existence. If it was found that black people held bad opinions on the police, then that needs improving. The same applies if the average bloke in the country feels alienated by the Police.

As it's all voluntary I don't see the issue anyway. :icon_roll

Talk about damned if they do, damned if they don't.:icon_roll

If we never had all this pc bollox stupid questionaires wouldn't be needed,
and Jack Regan would still be in charge!:icon_bigg

Because they want to ensure the Police are not being prejudice to one particular race or whether one race suffers harsh treatment from the Police. Within the Police, there are horrible ignorant attitudes still in existence. If it was found that black people held bad opinions on the police, then that needs improving. The same applies if the average bloke in the country feels alienated by the Police.

As it's all voluntary I don't see the issue anyway. :icon_roll

But if they don't ask they don't know, so how can they discriminate?

They should ask people if Harry Roberts should be released!

Talk about damned if they do, damned if they don't.:icon_roll

I know what you mean but come on, political correctness has gotten out of hand over the last few years.

And no, I'm not advocating going back to the days when certain types of people were disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Sometime the do-gooders cause more harm than good and see problems or make problems by their actions where no problems previously existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46