Leics v Essex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I love it when we get some silly bowling to engineer a result on the last day.

Leics declared on 372-4

Then Essex made 186-0 from 9.4 overs!

Nixon and Robinson were the 'bowlers' :018:

This left Leics needing 301 to win, 8-0 at lunch.

Worcs won't be happy if Essex win and it costs them promotion.

Last edited:
Another great win from a contrived finish. Finally got the winning habit in the Championship. Sadler got his first ton in 3 years, and got to 1,000 runs for the first time. Allenby meanwhile has to have made is bid for a first XI spot next season after this and the Twenty20 final.

The official site however says
"As well as becoming the fifth Leicestershire batsman to reach a hundred on Championship debut, Allenby is also only the seventh to do that in first class cricket in the Club's history."

Forgetting that Allenby in fact made his first-class debut against West Indies A earlier in the season!

I love it when we get some silly bowling to engineer a result on the last day.

I think Robinson's figures are the worst I've ever seen, even when joke bowling was rife in the 3-day championship.

4.4-0-117-0

When I saw the figures on teletext I was convinced Essex must have got six sixes in an over, but presumably not.

Great win. Managed to pop in for half an hour before going to the Walkers! Wish i had stayed as well!!! Some great run chases to finish the season off.
I agree about seeing Allenby in the Championship side Glyn. If we can get a quality bowler as overseas player then we should do well next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00