Leveins got it sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

"One of the first things I noticed when I came down here from Scotland was the number of short-term contracts at the club. But short-term contracts can work against you because no real partnership develops between the players and the club."

its reassuring to see that hes focused on one of the big concerns we all have - loads of journeymen, no one properly playing for the club cos they feel an allegiance to it. never recall that happening under micky, he seemed oblivious to all the things we thought were issues

Country Fox said:
"One of the first things I noticed when I came down here from Scotland was the number of short-term contracts at the club. But short-term contracts can work against you because no real partnership develops between the players and the club."

its reassuring to see that hes focused on one of the big concerns we all have - loads of journeymen, no one properly playing for the club cos they feel an allegiance to it. never recall that happening under micky, he seemed oblivious to all the things we thought were issues

Im not doubting Levien yet at at all, but erm didn't Taylor hand out massive contracts to players, sadly some of them have a real partnership with us, time to kick em out of bed.

Country Fox said:

Im not doubting Levien yet at at all, but erm didn't Taylor hand out massive contracts to players, sadly some of them have a real partnership with us, time to kick em out of bed.

Never in a million years is Russell Grant a Medium,he's a XXL at least.

"One of the first things I noticed when I came down here from Scotland was the number of short-term contracts at the club. But short-term contracts can work against you because no real partnership develops between the players and the club.

"There can be a lack of team spirit, there's no pecking order developing in the dressing room and sometimes the players can almost show each other too much respect.

"I feel that's what's happened at Leicester and it's something I want to address so I hope that by offering the longer-term contract to players we can start to build a team spirit and develop stronger relationships within the squad."

Spot on in my book although Chandler will no doubt argue that 1 year contracts for 32yr olds+ is really a better way for the future.

This cheered me up a little when i read this, im glad he has plans to sort this problem out that Micky Mouse left us with, i know Peter Taylor handed out bigger contracts but they were to terrible players. Micky did sign some great players like Thatcher and Freud but they needed longer contracts or got rid of the relegation release fee.

Simple said:
This cheered me up a little when i read this, im glad he has plans to sort this problem out that Micky Mouse left us with, i know Peter Taylor handed out bigger contracts but they were to terrible players. Micky did sign some great players like Thatcher and Freud but they needed longer contracts or got rid of the relegation release fee.

Plus the problem with Taylor's contracts wasn't really the length, it was the amount of money given to players.

The players Levein is bringing in will only be on small wages. Not the £20,000 type contract PT was handing out.

Plus the problem with Taylor's contracts wasn't really the length, it was the amount of money given to players.

The players Levein is bringing in will only be on small wages. Not the £20,000 type contract PT was handing out.

Exactly. :wink: How Trevor Benjamin and Junior Lewis were worth £20,000 a week I'll never know.

Simple said:

Freud you say? thats very phalic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366