Liam Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malf

I have heard that Liam Lawrence has agreed to sign for a division one team, Crewe tried to sign him but he's turned them down and Dario Gradi said that he has gone to a much bigger team. This thread is no lie, but I have heard we have been after Lawrence the only thing that may indicate we haven't signed this dude is the fact that we would publically announce it straight the way even though they can't sign for another two weeks as it will boost out season ticket sales.

That Wright from Crewe sounds a great prospect, not sure whether it's us who's in for him. I heard West Ham were after him last season

Lawrence rejects Crewe move

Lawrence set to leave Stags
Mansfield midfielder Liam Lawrence has rejected the chance to join Crewe.
Boss Dario Gradi told BBC Radio Stoke: "He would have improved our team, but we can't compete when the bigger clubs come in with bigger offers."

The 22-year-old is reportedly a target for Sunderland, although a number of other clubs are reportedly interested.

Lawrence recently admitted that several clubs were in touch with his agent, and that he expected that he had played his last game for the Stags.

Meanwhile, Gradi has dismissed reports linking Crewe striker Dean Ashton with a possible move to Premiership newcomers Crystal Palace

Loyal_Supporter said:
Any idea how much they want for him, or are we going after him on a free??

Out of contract I think so same would apply as with Williams.

Lawrence is a great player and has brilliant potential,good player ive seen him a couple of times against wycombe in the cup(he scored 2 penaltys)and in the play off final all though he missed the penalty he is still influential.Should play on the right and that would let scowy go up front.Think it might be Sunderland who get him though.

i saw him linked with sunderland so im guessing he will have gone there.pity really sounded quite promising

morris1234 said:
i saw him linked with sunderland so im guessing he will have gone there.pity really sounded quite promising

Yeah, he's been strongly linked with Sunderland, so that's the most likely destination.

cainy said:
Lawrence is a great player and has brilliant potential,good player ive seen him a couple of times against wycombe in the cup(he scored 2 penaltys)and in the play off final all though he missed the penalty he is still influential.Should play on the right and that would let scowy go up front.Think it might be Sunderland who get him though.

so if he plays on the right, when Piper is fit........

KTFaith said:
cainy said:

so if he plays on the right, when Piper is fit........

Lawrence is more of a central attacking midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757