Lies, damn lies and LCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Back in 1998 a home Foxes blue shirt cost £42.99 but seven years later City's first offering from new retail partners and technical sponsors JJB Sports is priced in the Club Megastore at just £35.

That represents a massive saving of seven pounds - a reduction of 15 per cent.

The new price also represents a saving of £1.99 on the current blue shirt which was priced at £36.99.

"We believe this is our best value-for-money shirt yet," said retail manager Ben Swift.

Actually the current shirt, and all previous shirts, last for two years.
This one will be changed again in 12 months time

The current one therefore costs £18.49 per season

This new one costs £35 quid per season

You are therefore paying nearly double for the privilege of a couple of white stripes down the sides, and a yellow bit on the collar

I never buy them anyway, I think they're a rip off. But some people will feel under pressure to buy it.

The club did say when the sponsor changed from LG to A&L that they would make sure kits would last for two years in future. Looks like they lied to us, yet again.

Calm down, Paul has it covered and the PR machine is grinding into motion.

IT'S ONE-YEAR ONLY
11:03 - 21 March 2005

Leicester City are making a fresh move with their new kit by announcing that it will be for only one year.

The club's chief operating officer Paul Mace said he understood that this might raise concerns in some quarters.

However, he added that the club's research showed that more than 40 per cent of clubs in the Barclays Premiership and the Coca-Cola Championship were already operating on a one-year cycle for their kit this season

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=12079799

So most teams dont change after a year then. Honestly. Also, not sure if you've caught up Macey but we aint in the Premiership anymore.

Two wrongs do actually make a right these days, then, apparently

Leigh said:
Calm down, Paul has it covered and the PR machine is grinding into motion.

IT'S ONE-YEAR ONLY
11:03 - 21 March 2005

Leicester City are making a fresh move with their new kit by announcing that it will be for only one year.

The club's chief operating officer Paul Mace said he understood that this might raise concerns in some quarters.

However, he added that the club's research showed that more than 40 per cent of clubs in the Barclays Premiership and the Coca-Cola Championship were already operating on a one-year cycle for their kit this season

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=12079799

They try and make out its the way clubs are heading but if my maths add up right, that leaves 60 per cent (i.e. the majority of clubs) not operating on a one year cycle. Stupid bloody git

i don't see why lcfc can't "take the moral high ground" here.

i feel that a one year cycle is wrong. saying we get all summer to wear the shirt is irrelevant because next year the kit will be launched in march making the current one obsolete before the end of the 2005-2006 campaign.

i hope the foxes trust can express fan displeasure over this move by the club.

SamJ

DurhamFox said:
I assume it was all discussed at the fans forum last week :-? :(

Stated that 'we would be pleasantly surprised by the price' but no mention of a 1 year cycle (obviously a commercially sensitive thind, ehm)

The club has helpfully supplied details of all the other kit prices to us as part of its justification. We are now carrying out our own research via Supporters Direct and asking the question about lobbying all clubs to stop this 'growing trend'.

We always felt to launch 3 new kits this summer was silly, as the club would need the sales of a new kit each year, however our view was to delay changing an away kit, not introduce a 1 year cycle.

We feel the away kits will suffer poor sales when competing against the home one

Can we assume, then, that the Trust will be issuing a statement condemning the kit deal as a complete rip-off, and the "cheapest kit for ten years" PR as complete spin, bordering on utter lies ??

Thought not.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265