Likely Main Rivals????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB HAZELL

As the start of the season draws ever nearer :D :D its time to give some consideration to our opposition. (Not sure if this thread has been done yet so apologies if it has).

I had the misfortune of watching Wolves train yesterday - all in the name of work! - and over heard a conversation between 2 wolves fans. They were saying that they were certain they'd be in contention for the title :shock: and the only real obstacle to their chances would be Leicester City 8) 8)

This gave me increased pride/confidence/hope in our aspirations for the season ahead. I know this was only 2 deluded Dorkwolf-types, but it led my thoughts to who might present the biggest problem to us in our efforts to win the Championship. Over the last week, my optimism has swelled to the point where I believe we can once again do what the majority of the country DON'T want us to do - i.e. return to the Premiership.

Who are the main threats? Who can stop us? Where are the pitfalls going to appear?

Our biggest obstacles will be ourselves. :wink:

Know where you're coming from Steven, but please elaborate......

Over confidence, not putting enough effort in, defensive failings from last season carrying over from last season.

As far as I can see we have the best squad in the fizzy and ALLwe need to do is play to our potential. Easier said than done. :wink:

Agreed - apart from over-confidence, surely/hopefully MA will instill the kind of grit and determination that they showed last time we were down i.e no right to win at Brighton just because we are LCFC, got to earn the points not just turn up etc...

Over-confidence was something that Dave Jones was barking on about to his rabble yesterday, so it is a valid point you make.

Ok, apart from our own internal worries, what about opposition threats..?

BRING BACK BOB!!!!!

ANYONE FROM ABOUT 5 TEAMS WITH SUNDERLAND AND IPSWICH BEING THE TEAMS MOST LIKELY TO CHALLENGE FOR SECOND PLACE I RECKON. OF COURSE WE'LL HAVE TOP SPOT CLINCHED WITH 7 GAMES TO GO!!!
WOLVES WILL FINISH IN THE PLAYOFFS I RECKON.

THE JELLYFISH HAS SPOKEN!

BRING BACK BOB!!!!!

ANYONE FROM ABOUT 5 TEAMS WITH SUNDERLAND AND IPSWICH BEING THE TEAMS MOST LIKELY TO CHALLENGE FOR SECOND PLACE I RECKON. OF COURSE WE'LL HAVE TOP SPOT CLINCHED WITH 7 GAMES TO GO!!!

the teams up there will be us wolves and west ham. i can see leeds in the playoffs and it wouldnt suprise me if forest got in them aswell :shock:

JELLYFISH said:
BRING BACK BOB!!!!!

what are u shoutin for, keep it down willya, me skull is splittin here :D

West ham have a very strong team.... as do wolves and us. There are another 6 teams after that which are all around the same level IMO.

I'm going to agree with much of what has been said above :p Us, Wolves and West Ham will be fighting for the automatic promotion spots I feel, with any three from Ipswich (they always seem to make it to the play-offs), Forest, Sheffield Utd, Leeds, Sunderland etc. just below us. So it will be all down to Micky's motivational skills, the player's commitment and our ability to start well as to whether we manage to get the championship, runner-up, or suffer the play-offs.

Isn't optimism great :roll: :wink: :D

Babylon said:
West ham have a very strong team.... as do wolves and us. There are another 6 teams after that which are all around the same level IMO.

I think the top will look like this:

Wolves
West Ham
City
Ipswich

...and so on :(

You can probably run off the usual names as to who will finish nearest to City. As to how the table ends up...
1) Leicester City
2) Don't care
3)Not bothered
4)Also ran
5)Why am I continuing.. :roll:
Do you get my drift :twisted:

xsubmariner said:
You can probably run off the usual names as to who will finish nearest to City. As to how the table ends up...
1) Leicester City
2) Don't care
3)Not bothered
4)Also ran
5)Why am I continuing.. :roll:
Do you get my drift :twisted:

Loud and clear. :wink:

Although i detest Warnock Sheff Utd will be there abouts i also think Leeds will go amazingly well or bomb completley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlo said:
Although i detest Warnock Sheff Utd will be there abouts i also think Leeds will go amazingly well or bomb completley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fancy Plymouth for an outside bet. A poor/average squad but great team spirit.

A good combination in this league IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758