Live gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjof

Went to see Kasabian last night at The Horden Pavilion in Sydney.

I've seen them a couple of times and always been impressed. I'm not listening to their new album much, they played a cracking set of of greatest hits.

Lots of Leicester in the crowd with LCFC flags being waved. I guess it was an expat heavy crowd as they don't get too much airplay here. Great gig and good to see us get a brief mention in the Morning Herald review.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...r-it--yes-theyre-on-fire-20140811-102m5o.html

I watched them at the riverside stage in Brisbane, was very surprised at the huge amount of City shirts and flags.

They were top class that night.

Last edited:
Joe good to hear you are still Down Under. Let me know if you make it this way at all. We can discuss Spreadsheets.

Feeling a bit distant from music these days. Apart from triple J playlists and Saturday morning TV show Rage (like MTV but only Sat morning). Would be good to hear what's good live, please post. Ta

Went to see The Belmont Ensemble perform, among other pieces, Vivaldi's Four Seasons in the St. Martin In The Fields. Very Good orchestra and soloists, very uncomfortable seating.

Family are doing Shepherds Bush Empire in December

Went to see Unknown Mortal Orchestra at a small club in Bergen last night. Brilliant and LOUD!

I'll think about it, but I'm seeing Buzzcocks a few days before, and I'm hoping that will be LOUD, so I have to look after the old ears!
I guess the reason that they were so LOUD, was the size and shape of the venue in Bergen. It's only 5 meters from the stage to the opposite wall so the room is much wider than long. They were a lot more funky and psychedelic (maybe not at the same time...) than on record.

Went to see Elvis Costello in Bergen last night on his Detour tour. Excellent solo performance after a little shaky start sound wise.

Blimey this thread missed 2016 as if it never existed.
When I posted the previous post who would have thought then what was to come.
We didn't bother too much about live gigs during that period for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757