Post Match Liverpool 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the first ten minutes before going out - really looked like quite a few (on both sides) didn’t fancy it at all.... glad to hear we got down to it.

We really have got inconsistency down to a fine art - looks quite possible that no one (except bloody Palace obviously) will do the double over us, and vice versa.

Watched the first ten minutes before going out - really looked like quite a few (on both sides) didn’t fancy it at all.... glad to hear we got down to it.

We really have got inconsistency down to a fine art - looks quite possible that no one (except bloody Palace obviously) will do the double over us, and vice versa.
That’s the problem isn’t it. We have an answer for teams who attack us. We don’t know what to do when teams sit deep. We need a plan B. If we had that we could’ve been really pushing on this season.

What a weird ****ing club we are.

Wins against Man City, Chelsea, Everton and a point against these.

Defeats to Palace, Saints, Cardiff and Newport and a point against Fulham.

Only saw bits. Ndidi and Chilwell looked ****ing immense.

I did ****ing love the scousers collectively shitting their pants from the players to the fans. Destined to **** it up. Hilarious. Grow some bollocks you big wimps.

What a weird ****ing club we are.

Wins against Man City, Chelsea, Everton and a point against these.

Defeats to Palace, Saints, Cardiff and Newport and a point against Fulham.

Only saw bits. Ndidi and Chilwell looked ****ing immense.
It’s the same problem we’ve had since the title win, if a team sits back we struggle

As most have said, the back 4 were immense and I was surprisingly pleased with Evans in particular.

Mendy and Ndidi have been dog shite the past couple of months but were both excellent.

Started off shockingly as per usual and could have been more than one down after 20 mins, but we seemed to look better when Albrighton and Maddison swapped to their natural positions. I kind of get what Puel was trying, in terms of putting our most creative player in Maddison on the left to try to exploit their right back difficulties, but it just didn’t work.

My only criticism would be that we should have gone for it more in the second half rather than playing for a draw. I would have liked to have seen Barnes come on for Maddison and perhaps Choudhury for Mendy for some fresh legs in the middle.

I’m half looking forward to the next game now. First time in a while.

The talk about us playing better against better opposition doesn't wash with me.

The difference isn't about surrendering possession or opportunities to counter attack. Or a preference for sitting deep. None of these are part of how we play any more.

The difference is whether we're expected to win or not. We have a very young group with quite a few seemingly fragile characters. When little is expected, it is often easier to do well.

Wolves was a great example. They were in poor form at home and we ought to have done better. However, we were terrible until we had nothing much to lose and then we start looking good. When we get back level, we bottle it.

It's probably two months now since we did well when we should have done - home to Watford. That's not about tactics or personnel. That's all about one of Puel's favourite words - mentality. If he said it a bit less and actually focused on getting it into the players, we might do a bit better.

It's interesting that the early part of the season was the complete opposite. We did well against the poor teams and badly against the better ones. That proves to me that it's nothing to do with players, tactics or anything else really. When we lose the likes of Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs and King from the squad by the summer, we must make sure that their replacements include some seriously strong characters.

It’s the same problem we’ve had since the title win, if a team sits back we struggle

Even during the title season, after Christmas, most of the teams outside the top half came to defend and we often struggled to break them open.

Didn't get to watch the game as I was at a work event, so only saw the score 5 mins in and then got free with 5 mins left.

Great result and glad to hear a good performance too. Feels even sweeter to deny Liverpool's title hopes, especially when so many seemed to be just assuming they would beat us to go clear at the top. As others have said, I really don't want Liverpool to win the league. No huge dislike of them, but would hate to see them win the PL. maybe because their fans would never shut up, maybe because I enjoy that they've never won it, maybe because I love that we have won it more than them. But whatever the reason, I'd much rather Man City win it.

I really *ing hope so. I really do. I've no love for Man City but my loathing of Liverpool goes back decades. Not just LFC either. I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating. I detest Liverpool as a football club, as a city & as a concept. I'd rather spend a weekend in *ing Mordor than Merseyside. Every Scouser I've ever met has been a complete arsehole. Every single one. & I've met plenty. Whining, bitching, professional victims spending 70 years feeling sorry for themselves & expecting everyone else to join in. They can **** off. I'd napalm the place just for a laugh.

All I can say is that this is not my experience. The scousers I have met have been grand company. Perhaps Give Us A Wave has been unlucky in the people he met or perhaps I have been lucky.
However, the actual city we have visited has been the same. I suspect Give Us A Wave has had his eyes shut. With the deplorable exception of the Catholic cathedral the city is full of beautiful buildings. Give Us A Wave did you visit St Georges Hall or the Anglican Cathedral or St James Gardens?

All I can say is that this is not my experience. The scousers I have met have been grand company. Perhaps Give Us A Wave has been unlucky in the people he met or perhaps I have been lucky.
However, the actual city we have visited has been the same. I suspect Give Us A Wave has had his eyes shut. With the deplorable exception of the Catholic cathedral the city is full of beautiful buildings. Give Us A Wave did you visit St Georges Hall or the Anglican Cathedral or St James Gardens?
I’m sure most cities looks great, if you only look at the best bits, Mr G......

A brilliant performance in the part of the match we actually turned up for.

The way we start games is becoming absolutely farcical.

Unfortunately Maddison has more of the Gray about him than the Mahrez. He goes down with a blow of the wind and makes so many wrong decisions. I reckon he could have had the game wrapped up single handed if he had a head on his shoulders.

Evans completely missing the ball on the half way line nearly had us completely undone, and he has this habit in his locker in every single game, always a big ****up on the horizon with him.

Overall though, a solid midfield performance for once, although Vardy was too isolated again.

Really hope it gives us the belief to try and win a home game against the scum on Sunday.

Oh yea, bringing Nacho on was absolute bobbins, he looked 3 levels below everyone.

Scousers would be unfuckingbearable if they won it.
So yes, I'd like them to **** it up.

At least with Manchester City you’d never have to hear about it again. I don’t know about everyone else but I rarely encounter Man City fans, probably because they haven’t been a plastic club long enough to have that many plastic grownups following them.

Spend an hour in a Loughborough and you see more smug twats in Liverpool shirts that you do Leicester shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757