Post Match Liverpool 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this BS from Klopp about snow affecting the result? He does know that we played on the same pitch doesn't he?

Bring back R. Huth to hang around the dressing room and pass on some thoughts.

Did anyone else notice a member of our staff on his phone during the minute's silence !!

All I can say is that this is not my experience. The scousers I have met have been grand company. Perhaps Give Us A Wave has been unlucky in the people he met or perhaps I have been lucky.
However, the actual city we have visited has been the same. I suspect Give Us A Wave has had his eyes shut. With the deplorable exception of the Catholic cathedral the city is full of beautiful buildings. Give Us A Wave did you visit St Georges Hall or the Anglican Cathedral or St James Gardens?
My issue isn't with architecture or environment. A city is defined for me by the intangibles of character & atmosphere. Liverpool has always exuded an air of menace & larceny.
If you've ever seen The Warriors, the whole film is basically a reinterpretation of my attempt to get from Stanley Park to Lime St. After being deliberately set up by the local constabulary to get the crap hammered out of me. I was 16 at the time. No doubt that was an example of their famous sense of humour.
Its also the only place in the UK I've been threatened with a knife on a dance floor. Or stamped on on the top deck of a bus by half a dozen people. Or robbed with a broken bottle.

My favourite quote is from a guy from Birkenhead I met at a music event. He said that living that close to Liverpool was "like having to stand next to an outside toilet with the door open on curry night" Considering what a shithole Birkenhead is in it's own right that's an interesting perspective.

My issue isn't with architecture or environment. A city is defined for me by the intangibles of character & atmosphere. Liverpool has always exuded an air of menace & larceny.
If you've ever seen The Warriors, the whole film is basically a reinterpretation of my attempt to get from Stanley Park to Lime St. After being deliberately set up by the local constabulary to get the crap hammered out of me. I was 16 at the time. No doubt that was an example of their famous sense of humour.
Its also the only place in the UK I've been threatened with a knife on a dance floor. Or stamped on on the top deck of a bus by half a dozen people. Or robbed with a broken bottle.

My favourite quote is from a guy from Birkenhead I met at a music event. He said that living that close to Liverpool was "like having to stand next to an outside toilet with the door open on curry night" Considering what a shithole Birkenhead is in it's own right that's an interesting perspective.

****ing good film though

True. Best enjoyed as a viewer though rather than as some sort of interactive game with real pain & blood! :021:

Did you wear a leather waistcoat with nothing underneath?

What's all this BS from Klopp about snow affecting the result? He does know that we played on the same pitch doesn't he?

Idiot cleared the wrong end.

I don’t know about everyone else but I rarely encounter Man City fans
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever met a Man City fan. The amount of Liverpool fans I know that have Bristol or Yorkshire accents is beyond a joke. They cannot win it.

I must be the unlucky one then, and I find them to be a most irritating breed - to a man they are 'right on' and invariably have followed City for years to show how much they hate United, but are completely blind to the source of funding that is the only reason their club has achieved a shred of success and the behaviour of the regime whose reputation is being laundered through this largesse. Non-scouse Liverpool fans are just gloryhounds, but this lot make me sick.

One of my Uni mates was a Man City fan, but that was over 20 years ago and he was sound, so I don’t hold that against them.

Every glory boy in the world was a Liverpool fan, when I grew up in the 80s, so I do hold that against them.

I can forgive Liverpool fans most things for the way they used to welcome us, and particularly Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton, to Anfield for many years.
I can't forgive the mancity fan, and therefore all man city fans, who bloodied my nose after the cup-tie in 1966.

Pep's an absolute ****ing arse. The media rim him good and proper for his philosophy of spending a shitload. I can't stand Klopp either and he's a complete arse in charge of a team supported by bellends. He's not as bad as Pep though so I'd rather them win it.

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever met a Man City fan. The amount of Liverpool fans I know that have Bristol or Yorkshire accents is beyond a joke. They cannot win it.

I'm a Leicester fan with a Home Counties accent, plastic and proud of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757