Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool will never win a game as easily without trying.

They were there for the taking and we found a way to self-destruct and waste numerous opportunities.

Poor game management from Rodgers. Poor changes.

Inept from Faes and Barnes in particular. We lost much of our threat when Daka went off with what looked like a hamstring injury.

Can't believe I've just watched us passing it casually across the pitch with 94 on the clock

Two minutes of added time wasted by a player pretending to have a head injury and Pawson had his whistle in his mouth 5 seconds before the end of the minimum time.

Don’t you ****ing love the PL.

It's bollocks. You can absolutely guarantee that had it been the reverse scoreline and a Leicester player had gone down with a suspected bruised eye lash, Pawson would have done the obligatory point at the watch and played on until Liverpool equalised.

It's bollocks. You can absolutely guarantee that had it been the reverse scoreline and a Leicester player had gone down with a suspected bruised eye lash, Pawson would have done the obligatory point at the watch and played on until Liverpool equalised.
I just made the same point about injury time to some Liverpool supporting mates, knowing it would sound like sour grapes. And whistled when we had the ball on the edge of their area too.

But I recall when I questioned injury time when they had their tenth minute equaliser against Newcastle they were quick to point out on of their players had been injured.

Faes had a nightmare, anyone trying to blame BR had their own vendetta…

For those screaming for Vardy pre-game he played 80 mins and had 11 touches… he’s not the player he was and we all need to start accepting it…

They were ****ing hopeless and we gifted them three points without them even trying

Faes and Barnes were truly dreadful

Taking Ndidi off destroyed the excellent work that he and Soumare were doing in midfield. Taking Perez off was just plain daft

Frustrating that. Thought that performance deserved more. Onwards. Great to see Wilf back and playing like that. Also, Soumare? Very very good, especially when Wilf was on…

Still think our defence is bruised from Danny Ward earlier this season. Not sure a confident CD makes that decision for the first goal…

The stoppage in injury time for the fake Henderson injury was 1 minute. Pawson added 5 seconds.

We also spent 40 seconds to take a free kick so we were hardly playing keen ourselves.

I got the impression that our players didn't believe and just wanted the game over.

They were ****ing hopeless and we gifted them three points without them even trying

Faes and Barnes were truly dreadful

Taking Ndidi off destroyed the excellent work that he and Soumare were doing in midfield. Taking Perez off was just plain daft
They sound like typical Rodgers substitutions. We always end the game with little to no shape and players playing out of position.

I thought that the mid-field partnership of N'didi and Soumare showed real promise. Faes will become a better player for his errors, particularly the first og when he didn't listen to his goalie.

All in all, a much better performance, but one which shows our lack of real quality without Maddison.

Ian has to go this winter, Barnes was woeful, Perez plays a couple of good balls then disappears for 10 minutes, KDH works his butt off but maybe he needs some heading practice and we need to play 4 3 3 . 4 2 3 1 doesn't seem to work as the opposition have worked out the long ball to Vardy or Daka.

One of them. Shit ref, dodgy goals conceded but largely a decent effort.

Barnes needs to sort himself out though. He was miles off tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263