Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faes had a nightmare, anyone trying to blame BR had their own vendetta…

For those screaming for Vardy pre-game he played 80 mins and had 11 touches… he’s not the player he was and we all need to start accepting it…
It’s the first time I’ve genuinely thought that myself. Would love to be proved wrong, but just perhaps that is why BR is favouring Daka so often.

Agree with others re Ndidi-Soumare. That was a real positive tonight. Also Perez does have something to add as a squad player, but not helped when he’s isolated for weeks on end.

Not for the first time this season. Foxes never quit? Those days are gone.
Yes. We never ever seem to be able to stir ourselves for a big end to a match these days (someone will point out how many times we have I’m sure. Conference league is the last time I can recall quickly)

Yes. We never ever seem to be able to stir ourselves for a big end to a match these days (someone will point out how many times we have I’m sure. Conference league is the last time I can recall quickly)

There was a throw in about 30 seconds or something daft into the second half. That mackem **** got a chance on goal because we couldn't be ****ed. The attitude all round stinks. There is a big shake up needed but can't see how that happens really. Too many players want out or we want them out.....can't see it all happening. When the big changes happen will the players coming in suit our tactic.

Only Leicester could have lost a game like that.

Unlucky for Faes but he should have dealt with both situations a lot better than what he did.

I was dreading the Ndidi - Soumare midfield 2 when I saw the line up but I thought both did very well.

One of Perez's better performances too.

Real shame not to get a point from that.

We've scored just 3 of our 26 goals after the 75th minute. But it's more a second half issue than a late in the game one.

We have scored 17 in the first half and 9 in the second. We've conceded 12 in the first half and 18 in the second.

I’m a bit grumpy with Harvey Barnes.

He averages a goal every 300 mins since he came into the side and he's doing better than that this season - one every 211 mins. But it's not enough to make up for no contribution to any other aspect of the team.

Zero assists this season speaks volumes. He isn't making the right pass. His key passes per 90 mins are way down on previous seasons (about one third of what he usually does). He isn't running into space to free up areas for teammates. He isn't tracking back.

As our main forward outlet, he gets the ball in space so much and his decision making is crucial. Like I said elsewhere, since his new contract in Aug 21, he's playing like he's already made it and doesn't have to graft any more.

Dewsbury-Hall was screaming at him loads tonight. You have to hope that his teammates are letting him know that he must do more.

Barnes was awful. Faes was ****ing dreadful. Taking Perez off was madness. We need a striker. Really, really, really badly.

But for all that, we were okay. Soumare and Ndidi worked really well together and KDH was also good. Tielemans for Ndidi didn't make much difference but Nacho for Perez did.

Two pieces of horrific defending... that's what cost us the win. Liverpool aren't scoring in that game unless we do it for them.

Brendan got it right for the most part, then completely ****ed it by taking off Perez.

I was clamouring for Vardy to start and I'll be the first to admit he didn't look great tonight, but Daka and Nacho are no answer to that problem. I'd still have Vardy in over both of them. His game depends on sharpness which just isn't there when he comes on as a sub.

Add a Which goal is our goal coach. Use the Kolo money. Worked with the corners thing.

I thought we were excellent tonight. Brave on the ball and created chances.
Soumare was excellent as was NDidi.

KDH did well. Thomas didn't look like a small boy against Salah.

Liverpool we're there for the taking and we lacked a bit of quality and luck when needed.

I'm afraid Vardy hasn't got the legs or pace for that sort of game anymore. He's just not the same player.

Frustrating that. Thought that performance deserved more. Onwards. Great to see Wilf back and playing like that. Also, Soumare? Very very good, especially when Wilf was on…

Still think our defence is bruised from Danny Ward earlier this season. Not sure a confident CD makes that decision for the first goal…
Either way, that's Faes's fault. The call was ****ing loud.

I was clamouring for Vardy to start and I'll be the first to admit he didn't look great tonight, but Daka and Nacho are no answer to that problem. I'd still have Vardy in over both of them. His game depends on sharpness which just isn't there when he comes on as a sub

Agree, Vardy needs a few games to bring his confidence back and if he was able to get a couple of goals in the process it would surely make him the first choice striker over Daka & Nacho.

With Daka clearly out for a few games now is Vardy’a chance… I hope he does it

Wout an absolute Faes.

They were there for the taking and we ****ed it up with some shit version of David Luiz deciding to display some comedy defending, Barnes playing like a total ****, and our ****wit manager making stupid substitutions as always.

After 17 games we’re averaging a point a game. It’s not good enough, but Brendog we trust apparently.

Welcome back Ndidi…we haven’t seen you for two years.

Slapstick defending is the normal for us under Rodgers and it needs saying. Not just Faes but Amartey, Soyuncu and Ward all likely to drop clangers at any given time. Then there's things like the absolute capitulation within a minute at home to Spurs... the coaching has got to be absolute dog because this is literally amateurish stuff from multiple players and its repeating over a long period of time. Just a few minutes before the first own goal Liverpool were level thanks to a Danny Ward **** up out of nowhere but we were luckily let off by the offside flag....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363