Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The app I use for live scores says Amartey, Ricardo and Castagne are due back late November. Ndidi late December. I'm not convinced of its accuracy though, it says Soyuncu is not back until December 2021
I read somewhere that Castagne, Peirera and Soyuncu will all be available post break. Can’t see where they will all fit in as we won’t need that many defenders on the bench

I read somewhere that Castagne, Peirera and Soyuncu will all be available post break. Can’t see where they will all fit in as we won’t need that many defenders on the bench

Castagne maybe. The other two not a chance.

We will need to gradually reintroduce Ricardo over several weeks. I cannot see him starting a game in the PL before Xmas. Soyuncu is still a few weeks away according to BR.

With the international horseshit going on over the next couple of weeks, we are more likely to have fewer players available for Liverpool than we did today.

One team that concerns me as an opposition.

Really would love for us to do them at their place.

Ricardo will definitely have to be eased back in very gradually. Can he play for the U23s? I think they're allowed some overage players?

Hopefully Soyuncu can come straight back in when ready; he's not had that long out really.

It's harder to transition defenders back in like we are doing with Maddison. Although the wing back role maybe makes that slightly easier than a back 4 - although there's also a lot of running to do in that positon.

I'm not sure whether the stats back it up, but a Liverpool supporting friend considers us their bogie (sp?) team?

I'm not sure whether the stats back it up, but a Liverpool supporting friend considers us their bogie (sp?) team?
This has been the case for years and I'm not surprised. Leicester are the only team ever to win at Anfield three seasons running and what is more, they have done it twice (1963-1965 and1998-2000 seasons - they've got long memories). I used to have a recording of John Peel (the BBC1 DJ and staunch Liverpool fan, not the old Leicester MP) moaning "Why is it always Leicester?" after one of our victories there.

They had great respect for both Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton who were always applauded onto the field up there. I think this started after Banks's performances in the games mentioned above and was enhanced by him being in the World Cup winning side.

After watching the Man City game, i can see us beating Liverpool if we adopt the approach that we did against Man City and Arsenal, albeit with slightly more adventure than the latter.
Liverpool are magic up front and have 3 or 4 great forwards. However, they got caught outnumbered in transition over and over v Man City with Henderson and Wijnaldum outnumbered. Man city were missing Mahrez and Aguero going forward and still should have won with the missed De Bruyne penalty.
They defended well but with none of the composure that exists when Van Dijk is there and some of the zip seemed to be missing from Mane and Salah.
Added to that - Trent AA went off injured and so will be 50/50 for the Leicester game.

1-3 to Leicester IMHO. Having beaten Man City, Arsenal, Leeds and Wolves this season - i don't think we should have any fear going to Liverpool and should try and assert ourselves with a bit more confidence than we have done previously.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Fuchs
Justin Mendy Tielemans Castagne
Maddison
Vardy Barnes

After watching the Man City game, i can see us beating Liverpool if we adopt the approach that we did against Man City and Arsenal, albeit with slightly more adventure than the latter.
Liverpool are magic up front and have 3 or 4 great forwards. However, they got caught outnumbered in transition over and over v Man City with Henderson and Wijnaldum outnumbered. Man city were missing Mahrez and Aguero going forward and still should have won with the missed De Bruyne penalty.
They defended well but with none of the composure that exists when Van Dijk is there and some of the zip seemed to be missing from Mane and Salah.
Added to that - Trent AA went off injured and so will be 50/50 for the Leicester game.

1-3 to Leicester IMHO. Having beaten Man City, Arsenal, Leeds and Wolves this season - i don't think we should have any fear going to Liverpool and should try and assert ourselves with a bit more confidence than we have done previously.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Fuchs
Justin Mendy Tielemans Castagne
Maddison
Vardy Barnes
Is Evans playing with injections? His back does not look good at the minute hopefully he has not been called up for international duy.

if you were Northern Irish you'd be queueing up to administer the injection! Him and Cathcart are the main reason they'll qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757