Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he certainly jarred his back late in the game. He was clearly in some discomfort. Injections may be getting him through games at the moment but I can't imagine anyone wants that long term. His call, albeit undoubtedly under advice.

we would have beat them last year, but for the ref.
88mins peroz contested ball with the dyke, and was adjudged to have his foot to high.
He won the ball and it was simple to put Vardy through 1 on the goal keeper. This was at 1-1.

We wont be allowed to win.

Jesus. A dyke played with someone’s ball and then got put through (a window).

what other conclusion could you draw?

This could go one of two ways, Man City away 2015/16 or Liverpool home 2019/20. Alternatively it could go a third way, that being none of the previous two ways where we neither go on to win the title, nor go to shit.

Point is, this game is a barometer of our credentials..

Thank you.

They had great respect for both Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton who were always applauded onto the field up there.
I may have misremembered this (or maybe it only happened a couple of times) but I recall Banks and Shilton also used to applaud the opposition fans if they received a welcome. Anyway, I distinctly remember winning at Anfield January 1981, 1 - 2 - after being an OG down. Happy Days!

This could go one of two ways, Man City away 2015/16 or Liverpool home 2019/20. Alternatively it could go a third way, that being none of the previous two ways where we neither go on to win the title, nor go to shit.

Point is, this game is a barometer of our credentials..
The game will be a barometer of how the VAR officials view penalties and interpretation of handball. The City /Liverpool players are merely pawns, to be advanced or sacrificed at the hands of VAR enforcers.*

* Please note that evidence from previous games cannot be used to predict VAR's future performance

The first commentary I ever listened to on the radio was 1969 5th Round reply at Anfield, and we won 1-0 (Fern) and Shilts saved a penalty. They only did 2nd half commentaries in those days. Liverpool was also the first game I ever saw at Filbert St, same year and we lost 2-1.

Liverpool will always have a space in my heart, which lets me really fecking hate them. Many of my good friends are scouse gits. I hope we stuff them!

Slightly off topic but still relevant, I decided to look at all of Liverpool substitutions and timings so far this season in the Premier League, So far:

• 79, 80 and 91
  • 59, 66 and 89
  • 45, 64 and 86
  • 45, 61 and 68
  • 11, 78 and 91
  • 83 and 83
  • 70, 70 and 90
  • 59 and 63
So. if you take out the outliers in that data: 11 (injury) and 45, 45 - tactical, the average time that Liverpool substitute is 75 minutes. In other words only 1/6 of the available time.

You certainly could argue alongside this that a substitute after 85 minutes is purely running down the clock, Liverpool have used this 7 times (I have included both substitutions on 83 minutes).

Overall then, poor old Klopp has subbed off 11 players in 8 available games to 'save them,' in other words his wish for 5 substitutions is solely based on him wanting to be able to use more players of quality that wouldn't be available to those teams with thinner and less quality squads.

So,, there is hardly any shock or horror to see that the other teams who want to support 5 substitutions are Man U and Man city, yes, you've guessed it, they have large squads with more quality and Internationals on their bench.

The truth is they are worried because in my opinion empty stadiums have leveled off the home advantage and allowed referees to referee pretty much fear free. 'Smaller' clubs have realized this and are taking advantage of it, going away and playing more without fear.

Liverpool, and the two Manchester clubs can go and **** right off.

I can't really see past the fact that Leicester have the smallest squad of the PL sides in Europe, the most key injuries, and yet we sit on top of the PL and our Europa League group.

I can't really see past the fact that Leicester have the smallest squad of the PL sides in Europe, the most key injuries, and yet we sit on top of the PL and our Europa League group.
Yeah but that’s only because we don’t play, we resort to cowardly stuff like counter-attacking, having proper defenders, being better than our opposition etc

Could have sworn it was Ali Brown, the PE teacher at my school in Boreham Wood was a Leicester supporter and his name was Brown and I remember commenting on it to him but you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757