Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really see past the fact that Leicester have the smallest squad of the PL sides in Europe, the most key injuries, and yet we sit on top of the PL and our Europa League group.

And yet the “big six” are banging about needing five subs. Ignoring the facf Pep only used on sunday in the “biggest match of the season”

And yet the “big six” are banging about needing five subs. Ignoring the facf Pep only used on sunday in the “biggest match of the season”
Townsend nailed that didn’t he. Basically saying he wants to be able to shake it up and use 5 extra world beaters to break down “smaller” teams

I may have misremembered this (or maybe it only happened a couple of times) but I recall Banks and Shilton also used to applaud the opposition fans if they received a welcome
Your memory serves you well. It was very much a mutual admiration society.

Alistair Brown.
Oolay-oolay didn't make his City debut until after the Cup final. This was that peculiar season when the final wasn't the climax of the season and City still had half a dozen games to play. He had two games, scoring a double against Sunderland in the first.

Oolay-oolay didn't make his City debut until after the Cup final. This was that peculiar season when the final wasn't the climax of the season and City still had half a dozen games to play. He had two games, scoring a double against Sunderland in the first.
Ali Brown's goal against Liverpool, was in January 1972 in the league, our first season back in the top flight.

He was displaced from the team shortly after and was happy to get transferred to West Brom, where he probably had his heyday.

It was Andy Lochhead with a header

Rodney Fern got the winner in the quarter-finals at Mansfield
Can't remeber now who scored at Mansfield, but we ended up in the standing section in the 'home fans' section. It was packed and I was too short to see what was going on but a burly Mansfield supporter picked me up and sat me on a wall behind so I could watch the game.

Manchester United substitutions and timings this season in the Premier League, So far:

• 45, 67 and 81
  • 65, 82 and 90
  • 45, 45 and 67
  • 69, 76 and 92
  • 58, 58 and 83
  • 62, 75 and 75
  • 67, 82 and 82
So, if you take out the outliers in that data: 45, 45 and 45 - tactical, the average time that Man U substitute is 71 minutes, almost identical to Liverpool 1/6 of the available time.

You certainly could argue alongside this that a substitute after 85 minutes is purely running down the clock, Man U have used this twice (mainly because they're shit).

Overall then, The Hobbit has subbed off 16 players in 7 available games to 'save them.'

Must be so hard for the poor souls to lose a couple of defenders. Obviously they will be completely incapable of fielding a competitive 11 now.

Their first choice RB, and 2 central defenders? Cruel world.

I think it would be wrong of us to assume they will be terrible because they've lost 4 of their first choice back 5. Just look at us.
If they bring in Milner or WIlliams at RB some make shift centre halves and Robertson and then line up a decent defensive midfield in front it will still be double hard for us to break them down and keep their front 4 out.
That said, if you could play them without Trent, Gomez, Van Dijk, Matip and Fabinho then you certainly would.
No doubt if we win there will be cries of 'poor old Liverpiool' completely ignoring the fact that we will have the same, if not more, first choice players missing than they will.

Seriously though they should give Liverpool a free draft pick of whoever they fancy to replace Gomez, as well as guaranteed European football and unlimited substitutions during games.

well that should work alright for them then.

Alisson
Milner Fabinho Thatlankyshitbloke Robertson
Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Jota Mane

Not exactly relegation fodder is it...

Fabinho and Thiago Silva expected back who are better players anyway

Not sure they'd be allowed to play a Chelsea player though.

But really, their defence of likely:
Williams, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson

Isn't bad is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866