Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to bother tomorrow night Spuds have won the league

The only way to stop Spurs being top for this week at least is if we win tomorrow.

I said it elsewhere and got mocked, but this Spurs team do look very good. Mourinho has done a terrific job with them.

The contempt I feel for Spurs is pretty unparalleled these days.
Ditto. And, tbh, I'm not sure why nor when it started. Once upon a time, I didn't give a tuppeny fart about them. They are certainly not a dyed-in-the-wool dislike. I think it precedes Pochettino but I wouldn't swear to it.

Edit: I reckon it started under Redknapp. That'd make sense, given what I think of him.

The only way to stop Spurs being top for this week at least is if we win tomorrow.

I said it elsewhere and got mocked, but this Spurs team do look very good. Mourinho has done a terrific job with them.

He only had to change one thing to unlock their potential and he's done it.

Poor Alli

Ditto. And, tbh, I'm not sure why nor when it started. Once upon a time, I didn't give a tuppeny fart about them. They are certainly not a dyed-in-the-wool dislike. I think it precedes Pochettino but I wouldn't swear to it.

Edit: I reckon it started under Redknapp. That'd make sense, given what I think of him.

I think it might be Harry Kane, for me.

Certainly things calcified during the title winning season.

Is it wrong that I want us to win even more today just to stop Spurs having time at the top of the league?

If Spurs end the gameweek as top of the league, we will undoubtedly have countless articles all week from all sources about how Jose has turned them into title contenders...

If we're top the best we will probably get is 'how long will Leicester form last' and maybe one or two will throw us a 'are Leicester really in the title race?'

I think it might be Harry Kane, for me.

Certainly things calcified during the title winning season.

Kane and Alli. Both of them so obviously believed that it was only a matter of time before they overtook us and won the league.

Every pore was entitled, every utterance was smug. Hateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757