Loan Watch 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
or he's not arsed about playing?
That one's a possibility too.

Whilst I suspect there are some here who have a better idea, I reckon most of us haven't a clue (myself included) Clearly, his signing is not working out as hoped/planned. Beyond that...

What about if the only level he'll get games is League 1 and he made it clear he didn't want to drop that low, or they couldn't afford his wages, or he's not arsed about playing? Could be any, I suppose.

Non of those things mean it's acceptable to send him on loans where the manager doesn't even want him.

not is Brendan has any interest him him being here it doesn't we need him playing after his injuries, we need him playing if we want to sell him
Even if I mentally insert punctuation, I can't get that to make sense.

Even if I mentally insert punctuation, I can't get that to make sense.
what part of we need him to be playing are you not smart enough to understand? Either we want to keep him, in which case we need him to play to develop or we want to sell, in which case we need him to be playing to attract a buyer...

what part of we need him to be playing are you not smart enough to understand? Either we want to keep him, in which case we need him to play to develop or we want to sell, in which case we need him to be playing to attract a buyer...
See, punctuation helps us all!

Which part of my suggested reasons don't make sense to you? If the only level of club that would guarantee to play him were league 1, and he refused to drop, what should we do? If the other clubs couldn't afford his wages, we may as well keep him and he sits and rots here.

Plenty of players who aren't being played get sold, including one of our own this very window, so that argument is ridiculous.

Pretty sure he is/used to be a teacher, should have more experience than most at extracting some meaning out of random piles of words

The second word should be 'if'. Makes sense then.

Pretty sure he is/used to be a teacher, should have more experience than most at extracting some meaning out of random piles of words
Was. I must admit, I was being facetious. Long streams of words just signify laziness, and I can't be arsed to invest too much effort into decoding them at the minute.

Ah, it comes naturally. Welcome to the club! I was accused of being facetious before I even knew what the ****ing word meant!

Filip Benkovic, OHL - No involvement in 1-1 draw with Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League)

Appearances: 0

Goals: 0

Kamal Sowah, OHL - 90 minutes in 1-1 draw with Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League)

Appearances: 24

Goals: 7

Josh Eppiah, OHL - Subbed on in 75th minute of 1-1 draw with Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League)

Appearances: 9

Goals: 1

Daniel Iversen, Preston North End - 90 minutes in 1-2 defeat against Rotherham (Championship)

Appearances: 5

Clean Sheets: 2

Josh Knight, Wycombe Wanderers - 90 minutes in 0-3 defeat against Notts Forest (Championship)

Admiral Muskwe, Wycombe Wanderers - Unused sub in 0-3 defeat against Notts Forest (Championship)

Appearances: 4

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luton Town - 90 minutes in 1-1 draw against Huddersfield (Championship)

Appearances: 22

Goals: 2

Matty James, Coventry City - 90 minutes in 0-0 draw against Watford (Championship)

Appearances: 6

George Hirst, Rotherham United - 67 minutes in 1-2 win against Preston (Championship)

Appearances: 19

Darnell Johnson, AFC Wimbledon - 90 minutes in 2-3 win against Wigan (League 1)

Appearances: 3

Callum Wright, Cheltenham Town - 19:00ko Tuesday at Harrogate Town (League 2)

Rachid Ghezzal, Besiktas - Subbed in stoppage time of 1-0 win against Konyaspor (Super Lig)

Appearances: 16

Filip Benkovic, OHL - No involvement in 1-1 draw with Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League)

Kamal Sowah, OHL - 90 minutes in 1-1 draw with Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League)

Goals: 7

Josh Eppiah, OHL - Subbed on in 75th minute of 1-1 draw with Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League)

Appearances: 9

Daniel Iversen, Preston North End - 90 minutes in 1-2 defeat against Rotherham (Championship)

Clean Sheets: 2

Josh Knight, Wycombe Wanderers - Unused sub in 2-0 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday (Championship)

Admiral Muskwe, Wycombe Wanderers - Subbed on in 71st minute of 2-0 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday (Championship)

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luton Town - 90 minutes in 1-1 draw against Huddersfield (Championship)

Appearances: 22

Goals: 2

Matty James, Coventry City - 90 minutes in 0-0 draw against Watford (Championship)

Appearances: 6

George Hirst, Rotherham United - Subbed on in 87th minute of 1-2 defeat against Cardiff (Championship)

Appearances: 20

Darnell Johnson, AFC Wimbledon - 90 minutes in 2-3 win against Wigan (League 1)

Appearances: 3

Callum Wright, Cheltenham Town - Unused sub in 0-1 win against Harrogate Town (League 2)

Rachid Ghezzal, Besiktas - Subbed in stoppage time of 1-0 win against Konyaspor (Super Lig)

Appearances: 16

Been thinking about the Benkovic situation. I think the ruling in the Premier League is that you can only use two on-loan players during a match. If it's the same in Belgium it's not surprising he isn't playing as Eppiah and Sowah are generally in the matchday squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757