london's burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

there's a rather lage plume of smoke coming from the east...

some bus depo in Stratford or something

making a right mess

there's a rather lage plume of smoke coming from the east...

some bus depo in Stratford or something

making a right mess

From BBC

Major fire at Olympic Games site

A huge blaze has broken out in east London close to where the main stadium for the London Olympics will be built.

The London Fire Brigade were called just after 1200 GMT on Monday to reports of a huge blaze in Waterden Road, Stratford.

About 40 firefighters are tackling the fire which has created a huge plume of black smoke that can be seen across the city's skyline.

Waterden Road runs through the site where the 2012 Olympics will be held.

'Not terrorism'

The fire is believed to have broken out in a disused warehouse near to the Channel Tunnel high speed rail link.

The Metropolitan Police are investigating the incident but have so far discounted a terrorist motive.

"We have nothing to suggest that this anything other than a fire at the moment," said a police spokesman.

London Ambulance Service have said there are no reports of any casualties.

The blaze has not disrupted any flights from nearby London City Airport.

Airport spokesman Charles Buchanan said: "We're about five miles away from the site of the fire.

"There's smoke drifting southwards but it's not interfering with our operations as aircraft continue to arrive and depart. However, we will continue to monitor the situation closely."

A Network Rail spokesman said the North London rail line had been closed between Dalston and Stratford because of the smoke affecting Hackney Wick station which is nearby.

or Parrafin..

It's working HF :icon_bigg :icon_wink

LondonBurningBW.jpg

Was in London this morning and thought it looked great. Was hoping for more damage but beggars can't be choosers.

the one of the couple at Tower Bridge is pretty much my view i'm just over the river from there

i thought it was a cloud!

Quite close to my offices then. Don't tell me I employ you:icon_eek:

I wonder how many pounds with of improvements it's made to the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48