LPL Round 38 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Manure at home. It's something of a dead rubber in terms of who wins the league, but the hunt for the top four is still on for Joe_Fox Joe_Fox who needs a perfecto to overtake jb5000 jb5000 to scrape into the CLPL (which only occurs if Leicester qualify for the Champions League of course).

It's been a long old season, so give it your best shot for this one, my pretties..... GO!

0-3

3-1

4-2 up yer clunge

Gets a like from me purely for the use of the word clunge*. Not seen it for a while. Nor the word.

*Edit: though one ought seek clarificatipn I suppose. 'up you clunge' suggests a Reggie Perrin era usage rather than the more recent meaning. Which 'clunge' are we talking?

Last edited:
There's more than one 'clunge'?

I remembered "up ya clunge" as being from years back but couldn't recall where I'd heard it. A simple web search resolved; a Scottish chef (McBurn?) in one of the Reginald Perrin series. 'Clunge' was said to be an invented word, probably meaning arse. BUT it was redefined more recently in some TV program (the name has slipped my mind but I'd not seen it) to mean ****. I believe that's the more accepted meaning (if 'accepted' is the right word) these days.

I remembered "up ya clunge" as being from years back but couldn't recall where I'd heard it. A simple web search resolved; a Scottish chef (McBurn?) in one of the Reginald Perrin series. 'Clunge' was said to be an invented word, probably meaning arse. BUT it was redefined more recently in some TV program (the name has slipped my mind but I'd not seen it) to mean ****. I believe that's the more accepted meaning (if 'accepted' is the right word) these days.
As a dear friend of mine once said ‘any hole’s a goal.’

Congratulations to Brown Nose Brown Nose

LPL CHAMPION!

Round 38 report

After 38 rounds, it's congratulations to Brown Nose Brown Nose who romps home, winning the league by a whopping eight points, ahead of pork pie fox pork pie fox . fox58 fox58 and jb5000 jb5000 make up the top four, what that will mean for next season I'm not sure yet, but something for sure.

Joe_Fox Joe_Fox finishes fifth, whilst Lako42 Lako42 props up the table with an unlucky total of 13 meagre points. City Fan City Fan takes the second booby prize with a rather miserable 26 points, both camberwell fox camberwell fox and Funky Fox Funky Fox also failing to break the 30 point mark. Blaarev Blaarev takes comfort in the FACPL win, and jb5000 jb5000 can also sleep with a trophy after his LCPL triumph.

Small dishonourable mentions to chumps homer homer and MUSSWELL_FOX MUSSWELL_FOX who both left the competition on the OPVIAS ruling after saying 'I want to play' and then not playing.

I hope you all enjoyed playing. Again, well done to Brown Nose Brown Nose - I've booked the open top bus for you to parade through the streets with your virtual trophy.

Until the next time, vote Joe_Fox you wankers.

Table ends like this:

Brown Nose51
pork pie fox43
fox5838
jb500035
Joe_Fox32
Blaarev30
camberwell fox29
Funky Fox28
City Fan26
Lako4213

Leicester sequence in full:

DDWWLWWLWWWWWWWWDLLWWLLWDDLLW | DDLWDLWLL

LPL-progress.png

I am BR. Just look at that start.

Shame i'm a useless **** that eventually got myself relegated.

I'd also like to say thanks to Joe for running it, but I can't because it was absolute shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263