M1 Traffic nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

My employers were opening their 700th store today and along with two other pals at work we were asked to be present at the grand opening. We departed Lutterworth around 7.45 with the intentions of arriving at about 9.15 but what followed was a complete ****ing nightmare. Between junction 20-21 the overhead signs indicated an accident between 22-23. When reaching 21 the traffic slowed to a crawl so i exited and headed for the A6. Not sure whether this was a mistake as every few miles i ran into queues of traffic. We eventually emerged back on the motorway at the Loughborough junction at around 9.15. The traffic whilst moving was still slow, and we eventually arrived at Mansfield after 10am. Is this an every day scenario with this stretch of motorway or was i just unlucky:102:. If its the former i feel sorry for anyone who commutes through that section of motorway.

seems like every time i go down the M1 there are warnings about junctions 22 & 23 with accidents

Last edited:
Took me and mg 4 hours to get to Sheffield the other day!!!

I'm sure the radio traffic news said there was some sort of accident up there this morning, but it seems to be a nightmare most evenings too.

Took me 6 hours to get the 17 miles home from the Corley services on the M6 a couple of Friday ago - Totally ****ed off at the time!!!

It's closed at J.9 at the moment, backing up all along the M25.

Seeing as anyone that may be stuck there can't read this I say we have a ****ing good laugh at their inconvenience:023:

The bit BB is talking about is going to be the next toll section as well supposedly.

Ben is uspposed to be in north London this evening.....that means he'll be late home then.......excellent! I might go out and get a couple of bottles of wine!

Plus the bit on the side can come out of the wardrobe.

I got to play football on the northbound carriageway of the M1 near Luton once during a four-hour standstill because of a suspected IRA bomb.

I don't miss UK traffic one little ****ing bit! :023:

Took me and mg 4 hours to get to Sheffield the other day!!!

Always traffic there now. Since the roadworks.

We had some chap come in from Telford yesterday - took him 3 hrs.

In the mornings, such a simple trip like Cov takes me a hour - because of the worst roundabout in history which has exits for the M40, M6, M69, A4600. Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48