MA was right to be worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

At the end of the season Mickey said he feared a mass exodus of our better players
At the time i was'nt to bothered because i thought the likes of Dickov, Thatcher and Bent would stay, Mickey obviously knew different
With the probable loss of Bent looming(see ITV teletext) I feel we have now lost all our quality players, maybe with the exception of Walker

Its going to be a tough job now for next season!

dpjfox said:
At the end of the season Mickey said he feared a mass exodus of our better players
At the time i was'nt to bothered because i thought the likes of Dickov, Thatcher and Bent would stay, Mickey obviously knew different
With the probable loss of Bent looming(see ITV teletext) I feel we have now lost all our quality players, maybe with the exception of Walker

Its going to be a tough job now for next season!

It was always going to be a tough job...I felt that when Izzet left! At times in Div one we didn't look good without him!

I rest my faith with you now Mr. Adams, you asked for it, I offer it, just don't let it be misplaced (Batmen never forget)

We have a very thin squad and look rather poor compared to last season, but compared to other 1st division teams we are outstanding. No reason to worry.

i'm very concerned about our squad for next season. :?

Teeno said:
We have a very thin squad and look rather poor compared to last season, but compared to other 2st division teams we are outstanding. No reason to worry.

Yes, as of now, I'd say Leicester's squad looks better than the bulk of the Coca-Cola League Two clubs, so no reason to worry about relegation to the Conference in three years ;)

JoBeck said:
Teeno said:
We have a very thin squad and look rather poor compared to last season, but compared to other 2st division teams we are outstanding. No reason to worry.

Yes, as of now, I'd say Leicester's squad looks better than the bulk of the Coca-Cola League Two clubs, so no reason to worry about relegation to the Conference in three years ;)

ooaps :oops:

MA right to be worried?

Whats the news on pre season friendlies? I got plans to go to Scotland in jJuly!

Re: MA right to be worried?

dpjfox said:
Whats the news on pre season friendlies? I got plans to go to Scotland in jJuly!

:lol: :lol: I was joking mate, of course they'll still go ahead.

Teeno said:
We have a very thin squad and look rather poor compared to last season, but compared to other 1st division teams we are outstanding. No reason to worry.

I think that is probably the most groundless statementon football I have ever heard. Dream on - there is a massive amount of work to do to have a team viable in this division -not impossible but the squad has been stripped of virtually all its quality & the players being touted as possibles are inferior even to the dross elements brought in last year. I think I accept now that the financial position of the club is such that extreme measures have been necessary - but I have never seen a situation where the club has lost this amount of quality in such a short period and I genuinely believe that survival next season will be a reasonable benchmark - we are into a Derby 2003/04 type scenario except our remnants will be a lot older. I can't see Walker hanging around in this situation unless footballing status is not a consideration for him.

Redditch Fox said:
Teeno said:

I think that is probably the most groundless statementon football I have ever heard. Dream on - there is a massive amount of work to do to have a team viable in this division -not impossible but the squad has been stripped of virtually all its quality & the players being touted as possibles are inferior even to the dross elements brought in last year. I think I accept now that the financial position of the club is such that extreme measures have been necessary - but I have never seen a situation where the club has lost this amount of quality in such a short period and I genuinely believe that survival next season will be a reasonable benchmark - we are into a Derby 2003/04 type scenario except our remnants will be a lot older. I can't see Walker hanging around in this situation unless footballing status is not a consideration for him.

Walker is under contract, and he says he's happy to stay. Fair enough we've lost alot of players, but division one isn't that tough aslong as your battlers and good as a unit. There is no doubt that if we don't sign anymore players then we will struggle, but we are literally 5 players away from promotion being a realistic chance.

WALKER

CANERO
HEATH
DABIZAS
NEW LEFT BACK

NEW RIGHT WINGER OR SCOWCROFT
WILLIAMS
NALIS
NEW LEFT WINGER OR STEWART OR MORRIS

DUBLIN
NEW STRIKER

Plus add a new central midfielder and a few others and we will be there or there abouts. Leeds are signing shockers, except for Ricketts. I mean Cademartari FFS!! Hahahahahahaaa

Malf said:
Redditch Fox said:
Teeno said:

Walker is under contract, and he says he's happy to stay. Fair enough we've lost alot of players, but division one isn't that tough aslong as your battlers and good as a unit. There is no doubt that if we don't sign anymore players then we will struggle, but we are literally 5 players away from promotion being a realistic chance.

WALKER

CANERO
HEATH
DABIZAS
NEW LEFT BACK

NEW RIGHT WINGER OR SCOWCROFT
WILLIAMS
NALIS
NEW LEFT WINGER OR STEWART OR MORRIS

DUBLIN
NEW STRIKER

Plus add a new central midfielder and a few others and we will be there or there abouts. Leeds are signing shockers, except for Ricketts. I mean Cademartari FFS!! Hahahahahahaaa
leeds!! haha

:lol: Rickets was a great signing , u have to admit it. I would be boosted if we had Ricketts. Oh and Les has recovered from his operation well, it is not knwon whether he will saty with us.

Walker

Canero, Elliott, Heath, Stewart

Gillespie, Nalis, Williams, Morris

Scowcroft, Dublin

That is as good as nearly any first division team you could name, and I'm sure we'll be adding at least 5 more players into that.

You've got to understand the first division is SHIT :)

Tom W said:
Walker

Canero, Elliott, Heath, Stewart

Gillespie, Nalis, Williams, Morris

Scowcroft, Dublin

That is as good as nearly any first division team you could name, and I'm sure we'll be adding at least 5 more players into that.

You've got to understand the first division is SHIT :)

I think you are wrong -but only time will tell. I guess the standard in the league will be much the same as when we were last there & we looked ordinary & everyone said that - when Muzzy wasn't fit. This was in spite of retaining more or less the team that had played in the Prem.

I don't know what reasons you have for thinking that Gillespie is going to show any more interest than last season, that Morris is going to get or keep fit, that Heath is going to learn to pass a ball, that Matty can get through a full season, that Jordan is going to show some consistency - Dublin is probably a spent force as a striker & looks more likely as a useful central defender & I don't buy Scowcroft as a hitman in whatever division - and there are the good points - still you may be right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757