Mace full of shit again

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

according to mace to prestigious pepsi max challenge had a great carnival atmosphere. As far as i could hear on the t.v it was a bit quiet. If you where one of the 5,000 what did you think

I dont think the TV coverage today can justify the atmosphere, i could hear a few Leicester songs, but i think you had to be there to experience it.

drummindefender said:
cant see it being a carnival atmosphere tho with 5,000-i don't think there was even that many

There's no way there was 5,000 there.

The only 'atmosphere' was coming from a group of people in the West stand near the tunnel. When I bought my ticket on Friday they almoist begged me to get a seat in that area, it's as though they wanted part of the ground to look full for TV.

I went to a friendly between Brentford and India about 3 years ago & the atmosphere was brilliant, the whole stadium was full! Maybe India should have been added to the tournement instead of Bengal even though this would neglect the partnership with them. Or maybe it was something to do with the publicity of the tournement? Fair enough all Leicester fans knew about it, but maybe we should have invested bit more in going national?

San said:
I went to a friendly between Brentford and India about 3 years ago & the atmosphere was brilliant, the whole stadium was full! Maybe India should have been added to the tournement instead of Bengal even though this would neglect the partnership with them. Or maybe it was something to do with the publicity of the tournement? Fair enough all Leicester fans knew about it, but maybe we should have invested bit more in going national?

I think the biggest problem was the pricing.

With it being two games in two days it was obvious that the first day would feature mainly reserve team players. But it still cost £20 for the day.

It's all very well the club saying season ticket holders could see four games for £30, but most Leicester fans aren't that interested in seeing other teams (unless they're a big name like Barcelona), so fans were effectively paying £30 for a reserve friendly and a first team friendly. That's not value for money, so supporters stayed away.

Mace relied on the asian population in Leicester to turn out in numbers to generate revenue. It was never going to happen with those ticket prices. If he had wanted to play East Bengal in a tournment it should have included 2 other sides of superior ability than Real Mallorca & Maritimo. But then not many would want to participate in a friendly with a Divison 1 side. Looking at it in different perspective last season would we want to play a Spanish Division 1 side if we had the chance to play Barca instead? Getting Boca Juniors was a step in the right direction...However if Cardiff can get Lazio & we get Maritimo then whats goin on! :x

San said:
Mace relied on the asian population in Leicester to turn out in numbers to generate revenue. It was never going to happen with those ticket prices. If he had wanted to play East Bengal in a tournment it should have included 2 other sides of superior ability than Real Mallorca & Maritimo. But then not many would want to participate in a friendly with a Divison 1 side. Looking at it in different perspective last season would we want to play a Spanish Division 1 side if we had the chance to play Barca instead? Getting Boca Juniors was a step in the right direction...However if Cardiff can get Lazio & we get Maritimo then whats goin on! :x

and barnet can get ajax, as well as a 2/3rd division side i forgoten the name of. :?

You are all missing the point! It's says in the literature that was sent out that the club lost money when 8,500 non season ticket holders bought tickets for the crewe game last year, so surely Mace and his boys will be happy with the attendance yesterday.:roll:

£20 to watch a city reserves compared to just over £16 a game for the championship why is everyone moaning :?: Typical Leicester fans :wink:

As far as i am aware the club made enough money out of local and international sponsorships for the actual attendances to simply be a bonus, even if only 4000 were there yesterday thats still 40k extra money.

Lboro fox said:
As far as i am aware the club made enough money out of local and international sponsorships for the actual attendances to simply be a bonus, even if only 4000 were there yesterday thats still 40k extra money.

That being the case where they were in a position not to make a loss - why not have a reasonable pricing policy for the tournament (£10 adults £5 kids) and fill the stadium (potentially with new/young fans) instead of trying to fleece the fans - especially after trying (unsucessfully) to convince us what a great deal our season tickets are this year.

Better 32,000 at tenner/fiver a go (and create a bit of goodwill by giving fans a reasonable deal) rather than a couple of thousand fans charged over the odds. Obviously Mr Mace (thoroughly nice chap :wink: had a run in with him in past) hasn't heard of goodwill.

webmaster said:
San said:

I think the biggest problem was the pricing.

With it being two games in two days it was obvious that the first day would feature mainly reserve team players. But it still cost £20 for the day.

It's all very well the club saying season ticket holders could see four games for £30, but most Leicester fans aren't that interested in seeing other teams (unless they're a big name like Barcelona), so fans were effectively paying £30 for a reserve friendly and a first team friendly. That's not value for money, so supporters stayed away.

There's something about football clubs - and Leicester are a prime example - that makes them delude themselves that their customers are idiots. Therefore everything is over-hyped in marketing and presentation (e.g. the PA content and style etc at the Walkers is an embarrassment).

Although supporting a football club is an emotional thing - people are not stupid and instantly recognise bad value and inferiour products - its an excellent idea to involve Asian teams in a city with a significant Asian population - its nonsense to dress up last week end's kick around as worth
£20 or £30 a throw.

Redditch Fox said:
Therefore everything is over-hyped in marketing and presentation (e.g. the PA content and style etc at the Walkers is an embarrassment).

Do you mean like the end of last season when the fans wanted to show their appreciation to Muzzy and all we got was a 25 year old Status Quo track blasted at us?

San said:

India played an international match (against Bangladesh) at Filbert Street a few years ago, and the attendance was very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757