Macià's Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City can confirm that Eduardo Macià will be leaving his position as the Club’s Head of Recruitment on 15 March.

Having joined the Leicester City in September 2016, Eduardo has played a key role in the development of the Club’s recruitment strategy, including the identification and acquisition of several key players in a successful two-and-a-half-year spell. His knowledge and experience in both domestic and international markets have been significant assets for the Club, aiding the development of a young squad now rich with international talent.

After expressing a wish to seek new challenges, Eduardo has continued to demonstrate exemplary professionalism and commitment to his duties, ensuring the Club could adequately plan for both the summer transfer window and for long-term succession.

He departs with best wishes for his future career from everyone at Leicester City Football Club.

I'm a firm advocate for keeping the management and recruitment sides independent of each other.

Of course they will need to work together, but this should be a professional relationship only. Too often, when they're too close, dodgy practices become commonplace.

Lee Congerton is both too close to Rodgers and pretty awful at his job, as Hamburg, Sunderland and Celtic fans will attest to.

It will be a sign a gross weakness on the part of the club if he's appointed.

I'm a firm advocate for keeping the management and recruitment sides independent of each other.

Of course they will need to work together, but this should be a professional relationship only. Too often, when they're too close, dodgy practices become commonplace.

Lee Congerton is both too close to Rodgers and pretty awful at his job, as Hamburg, Sunderland and Celtic fans will attest to.

It will be a sign a gross weakness on the part of the club if he's appointed.
they allowed Pearson to bring Walsh with him, Head of Recruitment is essentially chief scout, Rudkin heads it all up as DoF

On the face of it, we could surely do better? Steve Walsh is still out of work dammit..

BBC Leicester Sport ‏Verified account @BBCRLSport 2 hours ago

Rodgers on the vacant head of recruitment role: “When I first came into the club, I was made aware that Eduardo was going to move on. The club will now go through the process of finding a replacement”

Rodgers: “I’ll be involved [in the recruitment process]. It will be very much a club appointment, it’s important the manager is involved”

Don't think Macia has done anything particularly remarkable here.

Happy to have Walsh come back if that's how it work outs!

Don't think Macia has done anything particularly remarkable here.

Happy to have Walsh come back if that's how it work outs!
Ndidi, Maguire, Maddison, Ricardo..... Not too bad, if he was the one getting these in

He’s almost certainly made the club money by nailing a few key signings.

Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison and Maguire are probably worth a fortune in future transfer fees.

He’s almost certainly made the club money by nailing a few key signings.

Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison and Maguire are probably worth a fortune in future transfer fees.
And lost the club money on Silva, Ghezzal and Iheanacho.

And lost the club money on Silva, Ghezzal and Iheanacho.
Silva - if he gets used as trade against Tielemans, then you don’t know that
Ghezzal - has still only played about 4 games and started to look better in the more recent ones.
Iheanacho - I thought we were going to give him another shot under Rodgers?
I would say we don’t know that any of those three is a total waste of cash... yet?

Silva - if he gets used as trade against Tielemans, then you don’t know that
Ghezzal - has still only played about 4 games and started to look better in the more recent ones.
Iheanacho - I thought we were going to give him another shot under Rodgers?
I would say we don’t know that any of those three is a total waste of cash... yet?
Ndidi could become as injury prone as Matty James, Maddison could experience a dramatic loss of form and be worth peanuts etc etc

Works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758