Mahrez on Ballon d'Or Shortlist (and Vardeh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Leicester City player making the shortlist for Ballon d'Or, now I've really seen everything, well, except a city player winning the damn thing.

A Leicester City player making the shortlist for Ballon d'Or, now I've really seen everything, well, except a city player winning the damn thing.

And you won't.

We've moved on since Josh Low.

The good old days of him and Welsh bombing down the flanks with crosses aimed at Sappleton, Gemmill sitting in defensive midfield protecting McCarthy and Canero... those were the days huh?

Change the thread title - Mahrez is not the only City player on the list:

CvjA7CvXEAApq9P.jpg

Only the 2nd and 3rd Leicester players ever to be nominated after Gordon Banks.

Crazy times

I wonder what the person who decided to release him from Sheff. Wed. thinks now. I know hindsight and all that but they must question their own judgement slightly.

I wonder what the person who decided to release him from Sheff. Wed. thinks now. I know hindsight and all that but they must question their own judgement slightly.
Most of our support would have let Vardy go during his first season with us - and then during our start in the Prem. Even Vardy wanted to let himself go from us at one point. Shit happens.

They're in some pretty special company there. We all know Messi and Ronaldo among others are better players, but I wonder how much the judges will be swayed by not just Riyad and Jamie's performances last year, but also by what they helped their team achieve against such odds?
5000/1

Incredible stuff! Well deserved for both.

Of course they won't make the final 3 - you know it will be Ronaldo, Messi and one of Suarez, Neymar and Bale - but just to be on the 30 man shortlist is an incredible achievement!

Could he win it? Somebody has let the Algerians loose on the internet and Mahrez currently leads the polls over Ronaldo and Messi.... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363