Confirmed Transfer Mahrez to Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful, beautiful, footballer. As a fan I'll miss him terribly. Easily the best I've ever seen at Leicester and there won't be another like him for a very long time.

Inevitable but gutting nonetheless.

I don't think Man City fans realize just how good he is yet. The same is true of some Leicester fans...both will find out soon enough.

Cheers Riyad.

Well said. Others have all pretty much said it all too. What a player. So many memories. I just wish he’d gone to a Barca or Juve instead of having to see him on MOTD for someone else.

Alongside the more famous goals and assists, I’ll always remember the ball control he showed for setting up two of Vardy’s hat trick against Man C. Different level.

Probably in the top five in terms of saddest departures since I started supporting LCFC in the early 80s (Vardy would be top 3 alongside Gary and Alan Smith leaving when I was 8 and 10). The wait has made it less gut wrenching than it might have been in summer 2016.

We have to draw a line and move on.

But before I personally do...£60m is a bargain in this day and age for Mahrez. Coutinho went for £82m MORE!!!

It very much frustrates me how we got that much and it's only because we're Leicester. If Mahrez was a Liverpool, Spurs or Everton player there's no way we get less than £80-100m. I just don't get how Southampton can get £75m for Van Dijk and we get less for Mahrez considering the general appreciation for attacking players.

Are there better negotiators at the Saints?

I just don't get how Southampton can get £75m for Van Dijk and we get less for Mahrez considering the general appreciation for attacking players.

Are there better negotiators at the Saints?
I just don’t think Man City need Mahrez as much as Liverpool needed Van Dijk.

Mahrez has 2 years on his contract the others had 4, that’s why they went for so much more

Nothing from him so far, just photos of him at Man City saying how things come to those who wait.

Meh, he's wanted away for so long and played within himself for so long that I'm not actually that bothered anymore, actually glad it's done with.

Will be very hard to watch him ****ing teams with them though.

Riyad would grace any Premier League team. The fact that he is going to Manchester City is a one sign among many that they and not United are now the top dogs in Manchester.

Riyad would grace any Premier League team. The fact that he is going to Manchester City is a one sign among many that they and not United are now the top dogs in Manchester.

Not really given his best consistently for some time now. Time for us and him to move on.

Signings this summer look very decent - pity about the manager though.

End of an era, but could be the start of an equally successful one if the owners play this right. we will make a statement with his replacement IMO, hopefully it's an ambitious one.

End of an era, but could be the start of an equally successful one if the owners play this right. we will make a statement with his replacement IMO, hopefully it's an ambitious one.

I don't suppose the owners are ambitious enough to put in a bid for Mbappe?

I'm not arsed if he does a thank you message. But if he does I hope it's in the style of his social media fanboys.

Thanks for letting me out of the prison. I enjoyed winning you the league and the hair. Good luck to your bisexual rugby team etc etc.

Very sad to see frankly one of the greatest ever players to don the blue of LCFC leave the club, however he goes with my adoration and a career I will continue to enjoy. Not many players ever possess this quality. I feel lucky to have been able to call him a LCFC player. Good luck to you Riyad..

Hadn’t realised he played for Celtic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758