Make or Break tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

I know it is perhaps a little early to say things like this but for me this is the most important game of the season. We need this game to break into the top half and to make a statement of intent...

We face the bottom club with only one point at home! It is simply must win IMO. If we cock this up I expect more of the kind of thing we experienced last year, i.e. a long hard slog with little to no reward, fighting only relegation.

This is for me the yardstick of our season.

No excuses for this one!

While I think it's ridiculous to talk so early in a campaign, I did know we were doomed when we got stuffed at home to Bolton, and that was the opening day of that season.
We get stuffed tonight and we'll be in trouble. We won't though. 2-1 win.

Its only make or break depending on your expectations at the start of the season.I never thought we would go down and if we were to lose tonight then i still don't think we will.Whatever the result I see /saw us hovering between 10th and 18th all season.We were never going to gain Promotion and witthout a major shake up I don't think we are for the foreseeable.

It is vitally important we win! I for one am really tired of watching every single league team have a great away day when they come to the Walkers. We simply must beat the club at the bottom of the league when we are at home.

Anything less is failure!

While I think it's ridiculous to talk so early in a campaign, I did know we were doomed when we got stuffed at home to Bolton, and that was the opening day of that season.
We get stuffed tonight and we'll be in trouble. We won't though. 2-1 win.

yeah so did i alex...and we will win tonight :)

Its only make or break depending on your expectations at the start of the season.I never thought we would go down and if we were to lose tonight then i still don't think we will.Whatever the result I see /saw us hovering between 10th and 18th all season.We were never going to gain Promotion and witthout a major shake up I don't think we are for the foreseeable.

id go along with that :038:

I'd say there a 40 odd make or break games left in the season. They are all as important as each other.

If we lose there will alot of pressure on us going into the Colchester game before going away to Sunderland and then Birmingham. We need a result to keep the fickle fans of RK's back.

Having seen what the squad is capable of in the latter part of last season I will be dissapointed if we finish somewhere between 10th and 18th. All that would illustrate to me is that the players are not reaching their potential/aren't trying, and further that the club has no ambition whatsoever.

I think if this happens you will see all of the decent player we have exit, crowds dwindle further, and voices calling for an end to the current regime.

I understand what you are saying Silver, this game is a make or break, a defeat tonight IMO will see us scrapping around the bottom 6 or 7 all season, we do have a squad on paper more than capable of competing at this level but there appears to be an unhealthy cloud hanging over the club that seems to portray unambition and negativity, I agree if performances continue in the same vein we are likely to witness similar seasons to the last 2 where we were pretty much entrenched in the bottom half all season.

My fear as well as yours will be the realisation by the more talented individuals that the club is indeed treading water and that it is time to get out, most likely January if the season continues in it's current vein and then what will we be left with, except more negativity and dwindling crowds and interest.

There is a window of opportunity for this club to drag it's sorry arse out of it's current mediocrity however as each game passes by the window closes just that little bit more.

If we lose there will alot of pressure on us going into the Colchester game before going away to Sunderland and then Birmingham. We need a result to keep the fickle fans of RK's back.

I suggest you look at that again before the feckpig picks you up on it.

I am just about to leave work early to embark on the 200 mile trip to watch the mighty foxes. Don't let me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263