Post Match Manchester City 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went there to do a job and did it well for the most part.

However I wish we’d have given it more of a go to be honest. We only gave it a go once behind which was disappointing. Too many backwards passes for my liking.

I just wish we'd been a little more adventurous. I thought we started superbly but then sat back too much.

Ricardo Pereira is a world class full back.
Ndidi was outstanding.

Well most of us said we'd rather Man City win the league than Liverpool.

I wanted us to win the game but if we're going to lose in this type of game, losing with a performance like that to an absolute worldie like that is the way to do it.

I think we played very well.

Hamza was incredible today.

We went there to do a job and did it well for the most part.

However I wish we’d have given it more of a go to be honest. We only gave it a go once behind which was disappointing. Too many backwards passes for my liking.

Agreed though I think it was more about them letting us have more of a go. Hopefully that's the last we see of Ade too.

Kompany's shot was unstoppable. Otherwise we played well, and credit for that, plus twwo good stops from Kasper. Disappointed that other than Nacho's feeble effort towards the end, we offered nothing in attack.

Was always going to take something special with this title. Thought Liverpool had done it with that late winner last night but Man City trumped it with that goal.

We defended well but I thought we were a bit negative on a few occasions as the match wore on when we had chances to counter attack but just slowed the tempo down and knocked it back instead, even at 1-0 down - just playing into Man City's hands.

Not very impressed with Man City trying to tap up a number of our players again post match. Noticed Kompany made a point of pointing out Tielemans to Pep as well.

Ultimately as much as I'd like to see someone new win it, I can't stand Liverpool's arrogant 'it's our year' every year fans and don't want to see them winning it.

Let me get my gripes out of the way first. Man City are a dirty fecking team. Silva should have had three yellows and their constant fouls every time we got the ball have to be stopped by refs. They get away with murder every match and it really stops me from enjoying their positive football.

We were excellent. I wouldn't criticise any of them for that display. We just needed some composure at times which is understandable given their inexperience. We had two excellent chances that we snatched at.

If we back this manager and these players with a few smart additions, we're not far behind the best two sides in this league. Next season could be very interesting.

I have lots of admiration for Brendan but his totally unfounded confidence for the elephant in the room, or the donkey in the team is bewildering. Taxi for Nacho...... Please.....

Superb organisation to limit them to only 2 or 3 real chances. Choudhury and Ndidi were excellent and we were a threat on the counter. We didn’t keep the ball well enough in the 2nd half to keep it up.

Let me get my gripes out of the way first. Man City are a dirty fecking team. Silva should have had three yellows and there constant fouls every time we got the ball have to be stopped by refs. They get away with murder every match and it really stops me from enjoying their positive football.

We were excellent. I wouldn't criticise any of them for that display. We just needed some composure at times which is understandable given their inexperience. We had two excellent chances that we snatched at.

If we back this manager and these players with a few smart additions, we're not far behind the best two sides in this league. Next season could be very interesting.
Agreed. Silva should’ve seen a 2nd yellow

Don’t understand our approach. We needed 3 points but played for 1. Let the narrative get the best of us.

I know it took a great goal to beat us. And poor Nacho ****ed it up again. But still, we didn’t give it the appropriate go for me.

We looked solid defensively, and it was going to take a wonder strike to beat us. Kompany's goal is a contender for goal of the season, stunning strike.

I would have liked to see us offer more going forward, especially as the man city defense got higher, loads of space for Vardy, but we didn't take advantage.

Was good to see we kept the work rate up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757