Post Match Manchester City 2 Leicester City 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

I was out, saw the score at 10 mins and feared the worst.

Got home on 58 mins and switched it on and as we slotted in our 3rd.

Unreal.

After Brendan got it so wrong in these games last season he made a change today, and a very bold one by bringing Amartey in, and seemed to get it absolutely right.

Tactical genius from Brendan?

I said it on twitter and I stand by it now, Rodgers showed cowardice in the way we set out, thankfully we changed emphasis and some basic attacking balls were creating openings.

I think that was Justin's best game for us by a mile, Amartey had a few iffy moments but was otherwise really good, hopefully Evans was just cramp and Vardy isn't too badly hurt, Barnes had another good game and some strike from Madders! But that second goal from Vardy, if Messi scores that pundits wank themselves blind for a year over it

We didn't test them enough in the first half and the midfield sat too deep. Maybe that was intentional to keep things tight at half time. Second half you could see the midfield sitting higher up the pitch. We did get at them and by God did they have their pants pulled down. Tielemans man of the match for me. Some of his passing in that second half was phenomenal again..

Only one Citeh

Quoting myself from the pre match thread.

Did today show a different approach from Brendan to this type of game, where we really lost our way last season?

We didn't test them enough in the first half and the midfield sat too deep. Maybe that was intentional to keep things tight at half time. Second half you could see the midfield sitting higher up the pitch. We did get at them and by God did they have their pants pulled down. Tielemans man of the match for me. Some of his passing in that second half was phenomenal again..

Tielemans movement on the ball and pass for the penalty won by Maddison and converted by Youri himself was superb. He crated the space that put that ball as an option and basically won the penalty.

That was a bewildering result. We started terribly, and didn't look like we had a clue what we were doing for the first quarter of the match. It was gutless stuff.

Then we counter-attacked a couple of times and it showed that there was nothing much to stop us if we had a bit of courage. By half time we'd got the equaliser and it must have been a happy dressing room.

Second half, we played much, much better. We sat deep and we countered in numbers and with purpose. Vardy's second goal was beautiful. He's so good and he makes a fool of his critics in the game with a touch like that.

We pushed on and battered them. Man City had nothing much to offer. They seemed toothless and I can only see a season of disappointment with that group. De Bruyne aside, they are lacking leaders.

We'll have to count the toll of three injuries to key players. We desperately need the club to back the manager and get some bodies in this week. This season is nothing if not wide open with weird possibilities. And we have a bit of history in that sort of situation.

Only downer for me is finding I'd put a £1 bet on us and not the £10 I was supposed to. Ffs.

Rodgers in, todgers out.

Wow, just wow!

People may say the 3 penalties were fortunate but there was no doubt about any of them.

Vardy just gets better and better - he makes me want to have a child just so I can call him Jamie!

Justin looked really solid again, I think he has done all season and has had some unfair criticism.

Maddison back and with a massive ****ing bang - what a strike that was!!

Injuries look a bit worrying, could be without Praet, Evans and the main man Vardy with they way the went off.

Doesn't matter too much though, big Dan Amartey will stop them all!! Possibly not the most stand out performance but considering that's he's first PL game in over 2 years, the big man gets my MoTM.

Awesome to be top of the league but more so it will shut the media up wanking on about Everton.

Lovely end to the weekend.

Just superb

I don’t think any of us were wrong to be criticising the first 20 mins, where we sat far too deep and just let them play. But this time we learnt and grew in the match. They all deserve a huge amount of plaudits.

Big bonus. Makeshift defence, injuries, transfer market work not complete, and we’ve won 3/3, with a GD of +8 and destroyed one of the top two from last year.

Oh and in reference to BN’s post on penalties in the other thread, I also disagree, they were just incredibly clumsy and poor tackles in the box.

**** me that was great.

the second half was handled perfectly.

I do think Man City are an overrated pile of shit, but finally our players seemed to agree.

that we are getting performances out of Mendy, Amartey and Praet speaks volumes to Rodgers.

Vardy just said post match he's fine, its just a bone growth that occasionally gives him a bit of pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757