Post Match Manchester City 2 Leicester City 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also first time a Pep team has conceded 5 in one game according to Sky.

Well, I didn't know the score/result until I looked at the title of this thread.

I can't think of what to say. Just cant think of the words. I'm just sat here with a laughing smiling face. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

This is real. this is actually happening.

we are back to be doing what we did a few years back. No-one can belive it. I can't belive this.

I don't buy this bollocks about us being shit in the first half. They cut through our midfield a bit too easily but our plan was to defend deep and hit them on the counter. It worked. It wasn't 'gutless', it was a calculated risk. I have been critical of Rodgers, but he got it completely right today. We defended very, very well after the goal and for the rest of the game. I thought Justin was very good despite the usual suspects panning him within the first few minutes and Tielemans was, once again, excellent. Barnes is a thorn is the side of most opposition and Castagne is a buy of epic proportions (from our recruitment team who the same old folk keep telling us we should hate because they're shit). Mendy is surprising me with how much better he is looking. He still has has his faults but he looks a different player to the one we have seen previously. Maddison was also excellent when he came on.

But Vardy. Jamie, ****ing Vardy. What more is there to say about him? I have run out of superlatives. He is simply awesome.

Justin struggles in the air against strong forwards who play off his shoulder. Against the likes of Marhez he did brilliantly today. Nothing against any of the players but for me Amartey was outstanding considering this was his first premiership game in nearly 2 years. Credit to him today.

I don't know who that Manchester no 26 was; I think he got their first goal. If he improves his game just a little bit, he could be good enough to play for City.

Only one word to some up this pre match shout:

Nice!

Justin for me started off shakey in his 1st few city games but he absolutely nailed it today and deserves his chance at becoming the 1st choice left back, Ricardo when he comes back could play in front of Castagne what a right side that would be.
Pep was completely out witted today Mank city were clueless so top marks to Rodgers.

Justin for me started off shakey in his 1st few city games but he absolutely nailed it today and deserves his chance at becoming the 1st choice left back, Ricardo when he comes back could play in front of Castagne what a right side that would be.
Pep was completely out witted today Mank city were clueless so top marks to Rodgers.

Not sure they were outwitted, they just have a whole back four who can’t defend for shit when teams have a go at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263