Post Match Manchester City 5 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sky are trying to increase their female viewing figures and are doing this for that purpose, it may make some sense.
I do hear that there are more and more TV’s installed in kitchens nowadays, so yes that could make sense.

I've had to go have a bit of a lie down after that. I know it's a big ask to go to Man City & get a result but I didn't realise it was now required to help them get it? The whole game for me was summed up by those 2 free kicks in the 2nd half.

Jesus Christ.

Should be up for the British Comedy Awards both of them.

Did Kasper get Man of the Match for having the best pass completion rate for Man City?

& to just top it off nicely...Kevin De Bruyne has played in the PL now for a good few years for 2 different clubs. Yet I still have to spend 90 minutes listening to a thick Scouse **** continually pronounce his name wrong. Is he doing it for a bet? The bloke sat right next to you pronounced it correctly throughout the ****ing game you clueless plank.

Why do you think that would increase female viewing figures?
Surely they'd be watching it for the football.

Because I assume that Steph Houghton is a role model for woman footballers and fans of women's football.

I'd be interested to know whether women that would have watched the match anyway were encouraged to listen to the pundits more because she was there. There is a lot of twitter traffic on the subject with some really 'diverse' views. There are a lot of women reacting positively.

For example:

I am genuinely interested in the subject of diversity and its application. I am all in favour when it takes our society forward and I challenge it when I think it's tokenism and counter-productive.

I'd be interested to know whether women that would have watched the match anyway were encouraged to listen to the pundits more because she was there. There is a lot of twitter traffic on the subject with some really 'diverse' views. There are a lot of women reacting positively.

For example:

This is controversial BN but can YOU tell the difference between men and women?

Is it a new thing then? Seriously, I rarely watch the after match analysis so I can't say that I've noticed. There have been women sports presenters for years now, so I thought nothing of it when I saw a female pundit. I genuinely can't see how it's "counter productive". If it's challenging some perceptions then isn't that a good thing?

To be fair to BN, what the hell was she doing on there. I am not interested in the slightest in what she had to say. I am not sexist, I just didn't value her opinion. Though I would say the same if Andy Townsend was in the studio.

Despite today's result I'm now feeling rather chipper. The slip of paper in the fortune cookie that came with my vegetable chow mein said I'm going to be rich, and fortune cookies are never, ever wrong.

To be fair to BN, what the hell was she doing on there. I am not interested in the slightest in what she had to say. I am not sexist, I just didn't value her opinion. Though I would say the same if Andy Townsend was in the studio.

I can buy that Micky. Really I can. And from that perspective, I could agree.

But to say her opinion is valueless because she's a women, or only from women's football, (not that you are saying that) would be sexist. Tbh, I think BN is dangerously close to saying exactly that - unless I've misread him of course, and I do accept that I may have done.

Shit, now that I think about it, it did ask me for my bank account number and sort code.
Well, your now in more trouble than a 16 year old boy with a nice ass, who has just showered and not got dressed and inadvertently bent over knocking over the Spry crisp-and-dry over his bare cheeks...

...right in front of a semi wielding Homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757