Manchester City Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time ever, I'm not sure I give a shit about football any more.

Countries owning clubs? Rules only for the weak. Change the PL subs rules etc. just to benefit the big sides. That's not even going there with the multi million wages going to bang average players and managers. Or the empty stadiums with fake sound piped over the TV. Or the frankly awful social media from our club trying to make it sound like they give a toss about us. Sending me a ****ing clapper through the post? What is that about you wankers?

Honestly I'm sick of being associated with the whole thing. What has happened to the game I loved? It's actually dead now isn't it?

**** football.

Countries owning clubs? Rules only for the weak. Change the PL subs rules etc. just to benefit the big sides. That's not even going there with the multi million wages going to bang average players and managers. Or the empty stadiums with fake sound piped over the TV. Or the frankly awful social media from our club trying to make it sound like they give a toss about us. Sending me a ****ing clapper through the post? What is that about you wankers?

Honestly I'm sick of being associated with the whole thing. What has happened to the game I loved? It's actually dead now isn't it?

**** football.

Pretty much sums it up for me. In the same way that politicians are now just openly lying with no pushback or accountability, it feels like football is openly supporting the status quo and sticking two fingers up to the rest. Even down to the ludicrous decisions through VAR, it's just making the whole thing more transparently shit.

**** football.
I've reached this point this morning. The 5-sub rule, drinks breaks, this let-off, and yesterday's result all combine.
Very much feels like it's being run by people who know who they want the top 4 to be, because it suits them best.

**** football.
I have to agree about the hating social media thing as well. That 6 minutes of Vardy with some shitty 8-bit noises over the top was dreadful.

I have to agree about the hating social media thing as well. That 6 minutes of Vardy with some shitty 8-bit noises over the top was dreadful.
That's not just our club, though. They're all awful. I don't know if it's the "personal" aspect of Twitter in particular, but they are all aiming to be seen as one of the fans, rather than a professional news source for the club.

Such as

That's not just our club, though. They're all awful. I don't know if it's the "personal" aspect of Twitter in particular, but they are all aiming to be seen as one of the fans, rather than a professional news source for the club.

Such as

Agreed, and it feels quite polarised. Some people love it, and everyone stands on the outside realising how completely vapid and naive it is.
The worst thing is that somebody has spend days and days analysing what content gets the best response, and doing that.
I despair with social media. I think it's slowly dragging humanity down and if I had one wish I'd switch every part of it off. It's a destructive force with a friendly face.

Man City, fake punishment.

QPR, fake punishment.

And let’s be honest about it, Leicester, fake punishment.

Rich club spunks a of money, they get fined? Seriously, that’s your “punishment”?

Relegation, 2 year ban from promotion, massive points deduction, transfer embargo, they’re punishments.

Fining an entity with infinite money isn’t a punishment.

**** 2020 football, honestly. Everything about it is a ****.

I wish I could think that way. What last night did show me is just how much a part of me it is. I was, and still am, pissed off. But I can't just switch it off.

As shitty as the business of football is, I will still have an emotional response to it that I struggle to control.

Man City, fake punishment.

QPR, fake punishment.

And let’s be honest about it, Leicester, fake punishment.

Rich club spunks a of money, they get fined? Seriously, that’s your “punishment”?

Relegation, 2 year ban from promotion, massive points deduction, transfer embargo, they’re punishments.

Fining an entity with infinite money isn’t a punishment.

**** 2020 football, honestly. Everything about it is a ****.
I know it's not totally relevant, but for the same reason, people park all over the streets of Manchester. When it's £30 to park in an NCP, or you can get a £60 parking ticket for parking wherevr the **** you like, such a tiny fine has no impact when those people are pulling in £1m+.

Fining the super rich is dumb. It has no impact whatsoever unless the fine is % based.

It's essentially a system where you can buy a licence to break the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363