Pre Match Manchester City V Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've scored some good goals against these in recent years

I'm backing Madders to smash one in from 25 yards

In truth rotation has already started. Chilwell, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Barnes, Perez have missed games. We’ve snuck in time for Albrighton, Praet, Wes, Fuchs, Justin, Gray, Nacho and Hamza quite well.

Vardy, Ricardo, Wilf, Evans and possibly Maddison are the ones most in need of a break.

Perez, Justin, Hamza, Wes and Gray most likely to benefit..but imagine it’ll be a rotation through West Ham and Newcastle. Wigan too.

But it has to be full pelt the next two. I’d definitely play Barnes and Perez today.

We haven’t lost when Perez starts. He was on the bench in United, Liverpool and Norwich matches. I think he’s vital. Very much the new Shinji in that he’s a bit crap but we play better, and concede less, when he’s in the side.

Perez must start for me today. I know I sound like a broken record but his contribution is so under appreciated. He does a lot of work up top to free up time and space for others. I'd also go back to the old shape which means playing Barnes or Gray. I'd choose Barnes. Okay, he snaps at shots and he's had a couple of shocking games of late but when him and Chilwell fire they are fantastic together. Plus, I can't bring myself to start Gray after all the chances and false dawns.

It will be an interesting selection today. For me, none of Barnes, Perez, Albrighton, Iheanacho and Gray have shown that we can trust them consistently this season.

The main issue I have with playing Barnes and Perez is that they don't take the opportunities they get. We're likely to create three of four chances in the match and if they fall to those two, they're all likely to be missed.

We've played three of the 'big six' away so far. In all of those games, he's picked the extra central midfielder - Choudhury twice and Praet once.

Personally, I feel much more comfortable with Praet in the side. I'd then think about the main weakness in the Man City side (the left side of their defence) and play the one option most likely to cause them problems there. In this case, I'd go for Gray due to his pace more than anything. But there really isn't much between all five options, although if I was ranking them, I'd have Perez 4th and Barnes 5th.

Id put Gray at the bottom and Perez as number one.

Barnes and Pérez to start for me
If I had a choice, I’d say a win today over a win on Wednesday
However, I don’t, so let’s win both :)

I think I'd be tempted with Gray today.

Purely for the pace

They’re total shit across the back

Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison in the middle, Perez and Barnes to start

We can shit ‘em

On Monday, my brother would've been 40.

When he died 5 years ago, we were bottom of the Premier League and looked gone. 4 months later, we had pulled of the Greatest Escape and have been on this unbelievable journey since.

I went to see him at the crematorium today, and thought how if I could see him now, he would not believe it if I told him what's been happening with Leicester since he went!

It's been an incredible story and it's worth reflecting for a moment on how far we've come that we not only think we have a good chance against last year's champions, but also that we are currently sat in 2nd above them.

Let the journey continue. We're going to win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669