Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Man City game:

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Justin
Praet Ndidi Tielemans
Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Mendy and Perez to the bench unfortunately for them but we cant go to Man City and not try to get our full strength team out. If we are going to accomodate Under on the right then you have to drop one of Maddison or Tielemans at the moment as Praet has more of an engine than either and is integral to our press....

Man City game:

Schmeichel
Praet Ndidi Tielemans
Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Mendy and Perez to the bench unfortunately for them but we cant go to Man City and not try to get our full strength team out. If we are going to accomodate Under on the right then you have to drop one of Maddison or Tielemans at the moment as Praet has more of an engine than either and is integral to our press....
Mike Bassett? Is that you?

One of the teams we don't want atm.

Will kill our momentum if Rodgers performs his usual bottle job.

This weeks training schedule;

Monday - Running backwards
Tuesday - High intensity tummy tickling
Wednesday - Arse cheek spreading
Thursday - Bum licking
Friday - A lecture in advanced tantrums from Prof Kasper Schmeichel

Evans is back though isn’t he? I mean, I know it’s a big thing if Wilf is out, but at least we’d have Evans back in defence.

It says he's out for the Arsenal cup match tonight (doubt he would have played anyway) no mention of Man City. He'll have further tests today. It could be one of those 'international injuries' that heals itself after a few days rest.

It looks like Man City will be down to the admittedly 'way better than ours' bare bones on Sunday. No La Porte, Gundogan, Aguero etc. Unfortunately the 13 players that are fit include Mahrez, Debruyne, Foden, Jesus, Torres, Fernandinho, Ake, Walker, Mendy!
Either way - it will be perhaps a better time to meet them than many others in the season.

I would go with the following. Play diamonds all over the pitch with Castagne and Justin getting forward where possible. Tielemans and Maddison looking to drop into pockets to play in full backs, Vardy and Barnes....

Schmeichel
Mendy
Praet Tielemans Maddison Barnes
Vardy

They'll clearly beat us and could pick us apart.

But...

They have first choice defenders out too.

They have Ake, Stones and Garcia to pick between at centre back.

I fancy Vardy against them. He loves these types of games, has a good record against Man City too.

We can't be timid. Got to get at them.

It looks like Man City will be down to the admittedly 'way better than ours' bare bones on Sunday. No La Porte, Gundogan, Aguero etc. Unfortunately the 13 players that are fit include Mahrez, Debruyne, Foden, Jesus, Torres, Fernandinho, Ake, Walker, Mendy!
Either way - it will be perhaps a better time to meet them than many others in the season.

I would go with the following. Play diamonds all over the pitch with Castagne and Justin getting forward where possible. Tielemans and Maddison looking to drop into pockets to play in full backs, Vardy and Barnes....

Schmeichel
Mendy
Praet Tielemans Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Our line-up for this week is tough.

10 of the 11 picks itself I think.

But we have Praet, Youri and Maddison for two positions, but no one for the right of midfield.

I can see your temptation with that lineup but means changing our shape or playing out of position.

It's a tough call to get the balance right.

IMO if Maddison starts then it needs to be playing off the right and coming in so we can maintain the shape we've had for the opening games.

I think he might leave Maddison on the bench and go for Albrighton or Perez though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757